Before we welcome 2022 (with cautious optimism), we wanted to take a moment to look back on just some of the achievements the #OKGNtech community has had in the last year.
For a year that seemed to bring new hardships and challenges at every turn, there was also a lot for us to celebrate. 2021 saw exciting developments from local businesses across the valley as they pivoted and adapted to a continuously changing environment, we saw acquisitions and mergers, exits and entrances, collaborative problem-solving and a strong focus on bringing diverse perspectives to the table. It was a year we can be proud of.
Let’s look back at our favourite stories from the year.
1. PLAY.GG Acquired by Toronto-based Trufan
2. $1.9 Million in Funding Announced for Cleantech Hub at UBCO
3. COEDC, TK, and AO, Announce OKGo MARKETING Campaign
4. 24 Companies Pitch at the 2021 OKGN Angel Summit
5. Arlene Dickinson ANNOUNCED AS OKGN Angel Summit Keynote
6. Bananatag MergEs with CoMMUNICATION COMPANY, Staffbase
7. TechBrew Robotics Named Winner of 2021 OKGN Angel Summit
8. Curatio Tackles Mental Health Challenges Related to COVID
9. Getintheloop and Benefit Hub Announce Partnership
10. Canada’s First All-Female Angel Fund Expands
11. Trellis Acquires Echolotto For Seamless Raffle Experience
12. Advisor Access LAunches to Support Small Business
13. PacifiCan Announces Opening of Kelowna Office
14. INCA Renewtech Closes $4.5 Million in A Round Financing
15. COEDC Receives Economic Development Awards for OKGo
16. Microsoft Acquires Two Hat Security
17. Yeti Farm Creative’s Hit Series, Sweet Tweets, Expands
18. Hyper Hippo WINS Canada’s Best Places to Work AWARD
19. IncreasING Opportunities in the Capital Ecosystem
20. Hackathon Brings COMMUNITY Together to Eliminate Waste
21. Pela NAMED 1st Place IN Cleantech in Deloitte’s Fast 50
Congratulations, #OKGNtech! You’ve had an incredible year, we can’t wait to see what you’ll get up to in 2022.