One of the biggest challenges facing entrepreneurs is money. Accessing growth capital, securing investments, and generating revenue are issues that plague startup and growth-stage businesses alike.
The OKGN Angel Summit is a 10-week program designed to expose both entrepreneurs and accredited investors to the world of angel investing. This is done through a guided, hands-on process where a small venture capital fund is raised, deals are screened, and an investment in a startup is made. Participating companies will learn the capital raising process and build investor relationships with 30 active investors. To maintain COVID-19 health and safety standards, the 2021 OKGN Angel Summit will be hosted virtually.
This program culminates in a virtual event on Thursday, March 18, 2021, where 6 finalists make their pitch to an audience of community members, and the winner is awarded an investment of at least $100K from the fund. That’s right, $100K.
Apply to participate in the OKGN Angel Summit.
For the 2021 OKGN Angel Summit, we are introducing an early-bird and member pricing. The cost to participate in the OKGN Angel Summit as a company is $199 if purchased on or before December 4, or if you are an Accelerate Okanagan member, and $299 if purchased after December 4.
The OKGN Angel Summit uses Gust to securely and privately collect your company information, business plan, and due diligence information. Entrepreneurs who are seeking growth capital and meet the criteria below can apply by completing the application form. The deadline to apply is December 31st, 2020. Your Gust profile can be updated at any time during the program.
- Early-stage companies seeking investment of $100k – $1M
- Eligible companies should be within a half-day drive of Kelowna
- Must be able to attend and participate in the finale on March 18, 2021
- Ability and willingness to accept and use an investment up to $200k
- Prototype (MVP) working towards product/market fit
- Passionate and capable founding team
- Identified early adopters in a large addressable market
- A plan to scale with potential for a 10x return in 5 years
- Deck and information must be uploaded to Gust
- Opportunity to connect with active investors
- Opportunity to connect with entrepreneurs raising capital
- One-on-one with Dragons’ Den Investor, Arlene Dickinson (for the finalists)
- Public exposure and storytelling
- Opportunity to raise $150k
|Thursday, December 31||Application deadline|
|Monday, January 18||Top 24 – Quarter Finals Selected|
|Thursday, January 21||Information Session for Quarter Final Companies|
|Thursday, January 21||Investment Readiness Training for Quarter Final Companies|
|Monday, January 25||Quarter Final 3-minute pitches and mixer|
|Wednesday, January 27||Quarter Final 3-minute pitches and mixer|
|Monday, February 1||Top 12 – Semi-Finals Selected|
|Wednesday, February 3||Semi-Final Pitch Practice|
|Thursday, February 4||Investment Readiness Training for Semi-Final Companies|
|Tuesday, February 8||Semi-Final 10-minute pitches|
|Thursday, February 10||Semi-Final 10-minute pitches|
|Tuesday, February 16||Top 6 – Finalists Selected|
|Monday, February 22||Due Diligence kickoff and training|
|Monday, March 1||Due Diligence|
|Monday, March 8||Due Diligence|
|Monday, March 15||Due Diligence|
|Thursday, March 18||Finale|
Ready to get involved? Apply here.
Interested in learning more about 2020’s OKGN Angel Summit?
OKGN Angel Summit 2020 | And the Winner is… >>
35 Investors. 6 Companies. 1 Big Cheque. >>
OKGN Angel Summit 2020 | Meet the Top 12 >>