- This event has passed.
The Odlum Brown Forum Pitch Finale
April 27 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Odlum Brown Forum Pitch Finale is more than a celebration of three Finalists—it’s an opportunity to build a future where no woman is left behind.
As a registered Canadian charity, The Forum relies on the donations of supporters who envision a Canada that champions equality, and this event is our most impactful fundraiser! We can topple the systemic barriers that continue to impact women entrepreneurs but we need your support, as demand for our programming has increased by 345%.
Let’s take this opportunity to celebrate those who are soaring high with the support they’ve received, and to challenge the obstacles that dare to stand in the paths of women entrepreneurs.
Together, let’s build a future where no woman is left behind.
Join us live at The Odlum Brown Forum Pitch Finale on April 27 for an unforgettable evening of:
- Celebrating women entrepreneurs
- Connecting with community
- Fundraising to support The Forum
We’ll watch some of Canada’s most promising women entrepreneurs pitch their final business visions, and cheer them on as they each walk away with a $30,000 CAD prize package to fund their goals.
Three Finalists who are a part of The Odlum Brown Forum Pitch program will have worked since September to refine their pitches as they gain the clarity and exposure that they need to accelerate community capital opportunities that align with their values. They’ll have done this with the help of dedicated mentors and community supporters who want to see them thrive.
You’ll have the chance to learn more about their journeys as entrepreneurs and see their hard work pay off as they share their final visions for their business’ growth and impact!
Two unique ways to support The Forum on April 27th!
1. Attend in-person at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver – our largest fundraising event of the year!
- 5:00pm PDT – 9:00pm PDT
What to expect:
- Opening reception
- Support An Entrepreneur live fundraiser
- Meet the Finalists and their Mentors, hear their pitches and vote live on their prize packages!
- Seated dinner
- Opportunities to bid in the silent and live auctions
- Live entertainment and more surprises to follow
Ticket price for in-person event:
- EARLY BIRD – SALE ENDS FEB 16 @ 11:59 PST: $349 donation for individual ticket (use promo code “FORUM50” to receive $50 off this ticket price – eligible for all women business owners & The Forum program alumnae. Select “Enter promo code” and click “Apply” before you select your ticket type or quantity.)
- REGULAR PRICE: $399 donation for individual ticket (use promo code “FORUM50” to receive $50 off the ticket price – eligible for all women business owners & The Forum program alumnae. Select “Enter promo code” and click “Apply” before you select your ticket type or quantity.)
- PATRON: $5,000 to become a Patron, which includes purchasing a table of 10 seats. If interested in purchasing a table, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LOOKING TO ATTEND AND LEAVE A LEGACY AT THIS EVENT? Please contact email@example.com.
- Business/cocktail/evening attire – feel free to join us in what feels best!
2. Watch virtually!
What to expect:
- Meet the Finalists and their Mentors, and hear their final pitch!
- Opportunities to bid in the silent auction
- A fun event to gather your team, family, and friends for a virtual viewing party
- FREE – individual ticket to watch virtually
- Please consider adding a DONATION to The Forum to your registration
Note: $20+ donations are eligible for a tax receipt. Tax receipts will be issued by the end of June 2023.
Tickets are donations and non-refundable, but may be transferred upon request. If you are feeling unwell prior to the in-person event, we welcome you to transfer the ticket and then register to join virtually to cheer on our Finalists.
The Forum aims to ensure this is an inclusive and accessible event for all attendees. If you or any of your guests require any accessibility accommodations to ensure you can fully participate, please contact us for support at firstname.lastname@example.org. The venue is wheelchair accessible and we are happy to share any additional accessibility features you may have questions about.
Ticket FAQs can be found here.
Why is this fundraising event, and your financial support, so important?
The Odlum Brown Forum Pitch Finale is our annual fundraiser that enables us to continue to serve Canadian women entrepreneurs during this time.
- The Forum now serves over 1,600+ women entrepreneurs annually from over 219 unique communities across Canada.
- Over the last 3 years we’ve seen demand for our programs grow by 345% – a significant increase versus past years.
- Our sliding scale program fees reduce barriers to participation, and our bursary fund alone helped 147 marginalized women cover the costs of programming in the last year; 50% of recipients identified as Black, Indigeneous or Women of Colour.
- $1,500 provides one woman entrepreneur with one year of critical education, mentorship and resources to help realize her business goals.
- The Fund A Need allows you to directly support essential mentorship and education programs.
- Silent and Live Auction contributions will go towards our fundraising goal.
How do I donate to the Silent and Live Auctions?
The auctions are featured prominently in our communications and always a huge draw for our community. We would be thrilled to highlight your business and product through our virtual silent auction, dedicated social media accounts and promotional activities. Our goal will be to create awareness for your business and share our sincere gratitude for your generosity.
To donate, please contact email@example.com.
Become a Sponsor or Patron
For all sponsorship inquiries or to reserve a table for The Odlum Brown Forum Pitch Finale on April 27, 2023, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is The Forum Pitch?
Confidence, real-world experience and a new network of support—that’s how The Odlum Brown Forum Pitch program helps women entrepreneurs navigate, activate, and fast-track their access to the different types of capital that they need to thrive.
Addressing the barrier of access to capitals, the program offers education, 1:1 mentorship, coaching, national exposure, and access to specialized resources and networks so that participants can share their business pitches with confidence.
At the same time, they can secure the community, financial, social, and knowledge capitals needed to make their business visions a reality.
Thank You For Your Support!
Thanks to a community of supporters like you, The Forum has been able to bring more opportunities to women entrepreneurs in Canada. This work is needed now more than ever to help small businesses survive and emerge more resilient.
We thank you for your continued support in providing education and mentorship for women who have been disproportionately impacted by the pandemic, and for activating and sharing this event within your communities.
Please note: the safety and health of our community is our first priority as we thoughtfully plan the in-person event. The Forum and our venue partners at The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver are committed to continuing to follow all provincial public health guidelines found here that are in place at the time of the event. We encourage all attendees to take care of themselves, and our community, as you feel is right for you, and your preferences will be respected by The Forum.
Tickets are donations and non-refundable, but may be transferred upon request. Should you not feel well prior to the in-person event, please take good care of yourself and stay home. We welcome you to request to transfer the ticket to a friend or colleague by emailing email@example.com, or leave as your donation to The Forum, and then register for a virtual ticket to join online and cheer on our Finalists. We will assist you with the associated administration.