- This event has passed.
Tax Help For Small Business: Sole Proprietorship
March 15 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Wouldn’t it be great to know that you are doing things right, before you file your small business tax returns?
Help for small business owners.
Through the Liaison Officer service, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) offers free in-person support and guidance to small businesses and self-employed individuals to help you meet your tax obligations.
Want to save time and money?
CRA liaison officers are available across Canada to help ensure that business owners like you understand your tax obligations and are aware of possible tax deductions. Liaison officers will also explain how to avoid common errors that could end up costing time and money. You can request an in-person visit, or small business groups can request a seminar.
How does it work?
- During a visit or seminar, a liaison officer will:
- Answer tax-related questions (income tax, GST/HST and payroll)
- Discuss business tax deductions
- Explain common tax errors and financial benchmarks for your industry or a comparable one
- Provide an overview of helpful tools and services offered by the CRA
- Explain general bookkeeping concepts and best practices or, during in-person visits, offer advice and help with setting up an effective bookkeeping system for your business.