Strong and Impactful: Leadership Practices for Women Business Owners
June 29 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Thursday, repeating until 15 July 2023
Entrepreneurship and leadership go hand in hand. Your impact is the result of the big and small actions you take every day in your life and business, so WeBC is delighted to present the webinar series: “Strong and Impactful: Leadership Practices for Women Business Owners.”
Facilitated by three experienced women leaders, this series will help you develop three key skills that every woman needs as she grows her business: negotiation, overcoming imposter syndrome, and interrupting unconscious bias.
While you may join some or all sessions, we encourage you to register for the series so you can connect with other women entrepreneurs. Together, you’ll explore your own strengths in a welcoming and interactive environment.
- June 1 | Negotiate Naturally: Tips for Women Entrepreneurs, Facilitated by Carrie Gallant J.D.
- June 8 | Overcome Imposter Syndrome: Own It & Move Forward, Facilitated by Susan Washington
- June 15 | Uncover Unconscious Bias to Become an Inclusive Leader, Facilitated by Sharon Marshall
All sessions are from 10am to 12pm PT.
A recording will be available for 30 days after the live sessions.
Open to everyone and free for WeBC and Vancity Unity loan clients!
Included in this series
Session 1 | Negotiate Naturally: Tips for Women Entrepreneurs
Negotiation skills are part of our everyday lives. Confidence in your ability to reach a compromise in your professional or personal life, is not only valuable, it’s important.
In this dynamic and fun interactive session, you’ll engage with peers in breakout activities and in the process, acquire the skills to negotiate effectively, preserve your integrity and learn how to be yourself. You will achieve the outcomes you really want by re‐framing negotiation as an opportunity for all sides to succeed. Everyone wins!
This workshop will help you to:
- Appreciate the importance of negotiating, especially for women entrepreneurs
- Avoid common negotiation mistakes that limit your business and financial rewards
- Identify three opportunities where stronger negotiation will benefit you and your business
Session 2 | Overcome Imposter Syndrome: Own It & Move Forward
Do you chalk up your success to ‘luck’? Do you walk into a room and feel like the least qualified person in there? We often assume that people who appear to “have it together,” or who have achieved a certain level of success always feel like they deserve it. Yet, women business leaders at every level, academics and even celebrities on the world stage have all said they’ve felt like a “fraud.”
You don’t have to let imposter syndrome prevent you from exploring new opportunities and from taking credit for your own success!
In this powerful session you’ll have the opportunity to share ideas with peers and listen to women entrepreneurs discussing their real-life experiences. You will begin to examine imposter syndrome in a safe and supportive space. Whether you’ve experienced imposter feelings yourself or are simply curious about the topic, this session will ensure that you keep moving forward with confidence.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Identify risk factors, causes, predictors and negative outcomes of imposter syndrome.
- Outline three strategies for minimizing the feelings that can cause imposter syndrome.
- Work the steps to minimize feelings of being an imposter.
Session 3 | Uncover Unconscious Bias to Become an Inclusive Leader
“Human potential is unleashed when we feel like we belong.”
– Jennifer Brown, How to Be an Inclusive Leader
Creating a business culture where everyone feels they belong is a process. Whether you have a team or run the business solo, you have the power to create a business climate where everyone is encouraged and expected to be exactly who they are—from your team to your clients and the community you serve.
Unconscious bias is a result of shortcuts your brain makes, so if you have a brain, you have bias. But you can interrupt your own bias so you can avoid subtle acts of exclusion, and this session will teach you some strategies to do just that.
In this session, Sharon Marshall will lead the group through interactive exercises so you can:
- Understand the benefits of creating an inclusive business culture
- Identify examples of unconscious bias in your own life
- Champion the behaviour of inclusive leaders
- Implement inclusive leadership strategies in your business
Join us to connect with other inspiring women and learn strategies to be an impactful leader in your life and business!