Happipad Technologies Inc. (“Happipad”) has been awarded a $250,000 grant under the National Housing Strategy Demonstrations Initiative to expand its web-based companion housing platform in partnership with 18 community organizations located across BC and Alberta. Happipad’s proprietary web platform enables secure, peer-to-peer creation and self-management of cohabitation arrangements. Through strategic partnership with community organizations, Happipad aims to provide innovative affordable housing options that can benefit vulnerable population segments, including seniors, students, people with disabilities, and recent immigrants.
“Every Canadian deserves a safe and affordable place to call home. Our Government is proud to support this impactful initiative,” says the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development and Minister responsible for CMCH. “We are committed to finding new and innovative solutions to help solve housing challenges that are unique to Western Canada by making it easier for Canadians to access affordable housing that meets their needs.”
“Happipad is excited to take the next steps towards building a Canadian ecosystem around companion housing,” says Happipad CEO Cailan Libby. “Companion housing not only provides a form of housing that is affordable, but it also promotes social connectedness and environmental sustainability. Our mission is to make companion housing safe, convenient, and accessible to all Canadians, and receiving the support of the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation will greatly accelerate our pace to realize this goal.”
Happipad’s partner network includes organizations in Kelowna, Penticton, Oliver, Vancouver, Surrey, McBride, Hornby Island, Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge and Red Deer. To find out more about this initiative, please visit www.happipad.com/partnership. For media inquiries, please contact Amanda Aube at 778-760-4511 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kelowna Seniors Outreach Centre
- West End Seniors Network
- Affordable Housing: Vancouver Island Society
- Home Together
- Chilliwack Community Services
- Hornby and Denman Community Health Care Society
- OneSky Community Resources
- Robson Valley Support Society
- Seniors Come Share Society
- DIVERSEcity Community Resources Society
- Calgary Seniors’ Resource Society
- South Vancouver Neighbourhood House
- Desert Sun Counselling and Resource Centre
- ASSIST Community Resource Centre
- Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House
- Lethbridge Senior Citizens Organization
- South Granville Seniors Centre
- Golden Circle Senior Resource Centre
- Calgary Catholic Immigration Society
Happipad is a technology company based in Kelowna BC. Founded in 2017, Happipad is a leader in developing innovations to support and expand companion housing opportunities. Happipad has created Canada’s first companion housing web-based platform which enables safe, peer-to-peer formation and management of cohabitation arrangements.