About the Opportunity
We are looking for an engineer to join our Water and Wastewater team in Kelowna to deliver great service to our clients across Western Canada. Are you keen to build relationships with industry professionals and clients while working on exciting and inspiring projects that make a visible difference in many communities? Let’s connect!
Coupled with the unmatched learning and project experience opportunities, some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Develop your civil engineering skills and work with a growing team to complete engineering designs for water and wastewater-related projects for municipal and First Nations Clients.
- Build relationships with existing project leaders, EIT’s and clients.
- Provide accurate and timely input on technical reports, plans, studies, proposals, and oral presentations as required.
- Be part of a dynamic team with leadership and mentoring opportunities
- Prepare contract documents and provide contract administration.
- Proactively and professionally communicate with contractors, co-workers, clients, and the general public.
This opportunity is well suited for experienced engineers with a civil or environmental engineering background who are excited to provide great service to our internal and external clients. Background or a keen interest in water and wastewater and working with local municipalities and First Nation communities in British Columbia. In addition, the following attributes would be considered a benefit to this role:
- You can work on multiple projects and thrive in a self-directed work environment.
- You take initiative, are a problem solver and continually deliver consistently high-quality work.
- You enjoy listening and collaborating with people of varying backgrounds and perspectives to provide practical solutions.
- You hold a valid class 5 drivers’ license
- You demonstrate a commitment to learning through the ongoing achievement of personal and professional goals.
- You are registered or eligible to register as a P.Eng. in British Columbia with 4+ years of water and wastewater experience.
How to Apply
How to Apply
If this describes your background, skills and attributes, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn’t describe you exactly, but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, October 11th at 9:00am PST