Here’s the corporate dribble HR made us put at the top of this ad listing: Acro Commerce is looking for a VP of Sales and Marketing to lead the development and execution of high-impact strategies to drive revenue, expand market presence, and reinforce our position as an industry leader.
That’s done. Now here’s what we really want, a seasoned business vet. Someone who has been around the block and understands the importance of consistent development activities. You can build a strong rapport and bond with people, have a strong knowledge and technical know-how, and have extensive experience in Sales and Marketing, ideally with a large amount of responsibility (e.g. Head of Sales and Marketing, Director or similar leadership role).
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Lead the Sales and Marketing department, ensuring it becomes scalable, high-performing, and advocates for our customers and partners
- Develop and facilitate the customer acquisition and retention strategy to generate leads, close business, and retain accounts that fit Acro Commerce’s ideal customer profile.
- Establish and communicate a clear long-term vision for sales and marketing, focusing on acquisition, revenue growth, and industry thought leadership
- Think on your feet and demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and keep yourself disciplined as well as others
- Build strong rapport with teammates and has a proven track record of keeping morale high
- Keep yourself and your team organized
- Prioritize down to an art; you will always have too much to do, what needs to be done first?
- Work cross-functionally with other VPs to ensure optimal efficiency
- Be responsible for budget development and management, staffing, resources and reporting for your department
- Be accountabile through and through. We all make mistakes, we need a teammate that can own it, learn from it, and improve from it. No excuses. The blame game doesn’t fly around here.
- Be on top of the details. You don’t roll your eyes at the paperwork. We need a thinker and a doer. It’s all hands on deck at Acro Commerce.
- Collaborate and work well in a team environment
- Set targets and proper expectations with the aim to deliver on time
- Be good with numbers and financial planning
- Be an outstanding communicator and negotiator
Relative Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related area or equivalent, MBA preferred
- Prior senior-level sales or management experience; Proven track record in building high-performing teams
- 7+ years of experience in B2B Agency Sales, Customer Success, Customer Experience, or similar roles
- Experience selling services or products specific to e-commerce, B2B & DTC models, systems integration, and digital transformation is an advantage
- A deep understanding of professional service and consultative sales best practices
- Strong data and analytics skills
- Exceptional relationship-building skills with the ability to influence senior leaders across departments
- Comfortable reaching out and conversing with contacts, potential clients, business owners and business leaders at any level
- Proficiency in establishing clear, measurable outcomes and a focus on results
- Effective communication skills, even in large meetings
- Experience using or implementing OKRs, scaling up, and growth models of customer acquisition and engagement is an advantage
- All offers of employment with Acro Commerce are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.
Here are some things we pride ourselves on being able to offer our staff:
- Flex start times & earned days off: Do you prefer to start at 8:00? or 9:00? We’ll work with you. Want every second Friday off? Well, we’ve got a program for that too!
- Free stuff: If you prefer to work from our office HQ, located in Kelowna, we have the added extra of juice, pop, snacks and coffee; choose your pleasure and enjoy.
- Slappies: Tougher to explain but once a month we get together and have a little ceremony, some food and a laugh – no altars or corporate chants involved.
- Fun day: We aim to have fun every day; however, every year for a day we cram a bunch of fun on ourselves. Weee!
- SPARC Events: Sometimes we have a virtual happy hour, team building events, (less corny than it sounds), competitions, or just a plain little reward for no reason. It’s a little spark in our usually normal days. Warning, we make you wear costumes. Often.
- Professional development and remuneration structure: We might live and breathe software development, but we are also really passionate about our team’s personal development too. We love to learn, and are always striving to be the best version of ourselves; whether it’s training on the latest technology, or learning how to become a better delegator, we will help you improve your skills and hit your goals. We’ve revolutionized our remuneration structure, combining a tiered system with a skills matrix to empower your career growth. This innovative approach ensures that your compensation is directly tied to your skills and achievements, allowing you to chart your path to success. As you develop new abilities and reach milestones, you’ll advance through tiers and earn competitive rewards. Our transparent and merit-based system recognizes and rewards your dedication and growth potential, creating a dynamic and motivating work environment that encourages continuous learning and development.
- Culture: We’re a certain type of people. We’re all a little different and unique in our own way but we seem to work well together. No one’s perfect and we embrace that. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Check out our site to get to know us! Feel free to dissect what and how we do what we do.
- Employee stipend: Eligible employees can access an employee stipend account after their first day of employment! This account allows our team members to purchase hardware, software, and training courses, it even allows for RRSP matching!
All careers come with a 30-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. If you are in any way unsatisfied with your career, we will return you to the workforce at absolutely NO COST to you (minus shipping and handling).
Expected salary: 120,000 – 170,000 DOE
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying. we would love to hear from you, please head to our job board and complete an application form.