We’re always on the lookout for talented designers and developers to join our team. Think you’d make a valuable addition? Let us know what sets you apart and we’ll get in touch! This is a full-time position that is open to local (Kelowna, B.C.) candidates, as well we offer hybrid and remote work options for those who prefer it.
If you want to work with an exceptional group of people, with numerous benefits and a terrific corporate culture — you’re on the right page.
Acro Media is looking for a Creative/UX Designer to help plan and design industry-leading ecommerce sites for our clients.
We consider ourselves a laid-back bunch but driven to do well for our customers. We’re looking for low egos and high skills. You can be young and inexperienced or a savvy veteran, what we’re really looking for is your ability, which may be finely honed skill or raw talent at this point.
The Creative/UX Designer is responsible for
- Strategic planning, working with the client and your project team to organize a website, establish site goals, user journeys and calls to action.
- Wireframes & prototypes: rough sketches of a site’s page layout, aligning site goals to the page structure. Establishing page flows and functionality for our development team to implement.
- UX/design-writing, including placeholder copy for UI design and establishing effective calls-to-action.
- Creative design, creating killer designs that work as good as they look.
- Leading discussions during project discovery and website planning sessions.
- Presenting design concepts during client meetings.
- Help plan and design rich media and interactive elements.
- Work effectively under tight timelines.
- Play well with others.
The successful applicant will have
- Ridiculous knowledge of all things Photoshop.
- Have good experience with prototyping tools (Axure, Figma, Adobe XD and the like).
- A solid understanding of user experience (UX) best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An eye for consistency and attention to detail.
- A keen interest in analyzing and optimizing website functionality
- At least 1-2 years experience planning and designing Web sites.
- A portfolio showing us all those great sites you were planning and designing.
- Fluency in English
- Ego checked at the door, if your solution is always the best (and you spend most of your time convincing others) then we probably aren’t the right company for you.
All offers of employment with Acro Media Inc are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.
Here are some things we pride ourselves on being able to offer our staff:
- Flex start times & Earned days off: Do you prefer to start at 8:00? or 9:00? We’ll work with you. Want every second Friday off? Well we’ve got a program for that too!
- Paid Overtime for all roles…including salary positions: What? What?! Yep you heard right. We pay for all approved OT…not that we want everyone working so hard, but with the natural ebb and flow of our industry sometimes it’s needed to blast out the OT in order to keep our heads above water. We find this little pay cheque nugget is a nice reward for the over timerz.
- Slappies: Tougher to explain but once a month we get together and have a little ceremony, some food, a few brews – no altars or corporate chants involved.
- Fun day: We aim to have fun every day; however, every year for a day we cram a bunch of fun on ourselves. Weee!
- SPARC Events: Sometimes we have an in-house breakfast, team building events, (less corny than it sounds), competitions, or just a plain little reward for no reason. It’s a little spark in our usually normal days. Warning, we make you wear costumes. Often.
- Culture: We’re a certain type of people. We’re all a little different and unique in our own way but we seem to work well together. No one’s perfect and we embrace that. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Check out our site to get to know us!
- Remote work available!
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying please apply via our job board here!