AEM currently has an opening for a skilled, part-time, contract Technical Trainer. In this role, you will have a profound impact on the continued growth and success of our organization.
Compensation for this role is a highly-competitive hourly rate of pay + vacation pay on every cheque. The hours vary with the annual training requirements of the company and can fluctuate from month to month. However, with almost 100 employees company-wide, we can add to your annual income in a meaningful way! We can schedule training around your other commitments, which provides the needed flexibility for you to make this job your own!
Who Are We?
AEM is a leading global provider of specialty aviation solutions. We design, develop and manufacture aircraft communication systems, loudspeaker systems, caution/warning panels and illuminated panel products for rotary and fixed-wing aircraft. We are known for ‘Leading By Design’ and are continuously recognized for our ability to delight our customers. At AEM, we live and breathe avionics. We are not content with simply staying ahead of the curve – rather, AEM is the company that creates the curve. From our sunny corporate office in Kelowna, BC, we offer our products to a global marketplace.
What Makes AEM Different?
Working at AEM is far from status quo. We are a forward-thinking company that believes in rewarding our staff and putting our people first. We are proud of our culture and we continuously nurture it to ensure our team feels valued every single day. Additionally, working and living in the beautiful Okanagan offers an exceptional opportunity for work-life balance, a comfortable pace of life and a wide range of after-work activities.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the Technical Trainer seeks to standardize production requirements across the company. The Technical Trainer provides instructions and certification about the assembly and quality standards of electronics products according to IPC standards.
- Prepares students to earn their certification and certifies employees to IPC Specialist level (CIS) for IPC-A-610, IPC J-STD-001 and IPC 7711/7721
- May provide general training and instruction in basic concepts and materials associated with hand soldering and other electronic assembly processes.
- May be asked to certify employees to other standards as required.
- Instructs students in soldering, wiring, safety and quality standards for electronics.
- Provides instruction onsite at the company facility.
- In coordination with the HR department, supports the creation and maintenance of course documents, training records and employee files and manages scheduling of courses as required.
- Work in compliance with all relevant legislation and organizational policies.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Completed or in-progress (at least 50% complete) post-secondary education/courses or equivalent training and experience in teaching/instruction/’train the trainer’ required
- Electronics Technician Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience training or certifying to IPC standards required
- Avionics or related industry experience an asset
- Certification to IPC CIT standard in IPC A-610, IPC J-DTD-001, IPC 7711/7721 required (*can be provided by AEM)
- Experience in electronics assembly and/or soldering required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with capability and desire to work within a collaborative team
- Intermediate level experience and strong working knowledge with Microsoft Word, Power Point and Outlook required
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to demonstrate the competencies of the role as defined herein.
How to Apply
This is a unique role at our company. You are encouraged to contact the HR Manager, Kit Doyle, CPHR, directly at email@example.com with questions about the role.
To learn more about working with AEM and to apply to this exciting opportunity, visit: https://www.aem-corp.com/about-us/careers We appreciate all applicants and will only contact those who have been short-listed to participate in the recruitment process.