|Software Quality Assurance Tech|
The position of the software quality assurance technician, SQA Tech, participates in design, development, and execution of hardware, firmware and software testing scenarios for functional, system, integration, regression and user acceptance grey-box testing.
This is a full-time, exempt salaried position in Vernon, British Columbia.
- Test the relationship between proprietary software, firmware and related hardware devices
- Collaborate with firmware developers, assisting in reproducing and resolving issues
- Establish a deep understanding of all firmware components and their interactions with software and hardware
- Validate test plans, execute automated and manual test scripts
- Using the issue tracker, document, edit, track and verify issues
- Communicate product issues and causes to Management and Development Teams;
- Participate in product design, project planning and testing sprints
- Provide technical support to internal Meyer Sound departments
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-5 years of experience in a QA role
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and software testing methodologies
- Must have a working knowledge of networking concepts, embedded systems and multiple operating systems (Microsoft, Apple, Linux)
- Is comfortable setting up and maintaining a lab environment including hardware, computers, measurement tools and network infrastructure
- Must have experience with:
- Issue tracking software, such as Jira, Fogbugz or similar.
- Test case management software such as TestRail, Test Link or similar
- Ability to operate various lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters, audio recorders, and measurement tools (SIM3, Audio Precision)
- Self-managing, strong initiative and ability to work well with a cross-functional team
- Ability to clearly and accurately describe technical issues, both written and verbally
- GUI and embedded system test experience preferred
- Experience with Python, PowerShell or shell scripting preferred
- Experience with test automation preferred
- Prior experience and familiarity with live audio concepts and equipment preferred
This position requires occasional travel to the US.
How to Apply