WTFast – the world leader in low latency internet route optimization since 2009. We were the first to truly innovate in this space, literally flipping the Internet model upside down. We have created an amazing plug and play networking solution, powered by real-time statistics and an expert system. With 12 granted patents, and more to come, we are re-inventing the Internet. We are a talented team based out of Kelowna that likes to create amazing technologies to solve latency issues for online gaming.
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Software Developer, who will work with the Integration team to troubleshoot and improve current applications and processes. You will use your understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users.
What We Value
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humor. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
- World class; you have a natural tendency to be innovative and cutting edge using creative problem solving.
- Customer focused; listening and understanding first before acting with a strong desire to always be helpful, professional and respectful.
- A team player; teamwork is your middle name. You want to brainstorm with the best of them and are continually looking for ways to do it better.
- Accountable; you value accuracy and take ownership with a data driven approach.
You understand these measures and can move the needle in the right direction. The role responsibilities include:
- Responsible for developing and implementing scalable software solutions
- Apply industry best practices for SDK and AP (w3c consortium. GCP, etc..)
- Devise and report on integration development plans and strategies
- Ensure best practices in integration processes are followed by the organization
- Create intuitive API that uses standard industry frameworks
- Coordinate changes with team to update and improve data and back end services according to ITIL practices
- Liaise with team members and across departments to align efforts on shared deliverables, detail timelines.
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages and better assist other team members.
Qualifications & Skills
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Computer Science
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with experience in analyzing processes, initiatives and systems
- Experience of cloud development and database management
- Google Cloud or AWS related Cloud deployment and management experience
NICE TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, software engineering or similar field
- Love of video games and knowledge of the gaming industry a bonus
- Familiarity with working in an agile environment (using Jira to communicate / track progress)
Our greatest asset is our people. In addition to our dedicated, innovative and collaborative atmosphere we offer eligible employees;
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health and dental care
- Minimum 20 days paid time off
- Learning and development opportunities
- Work Remotely
How to Apply
Please follow the link to apply for this role!