Imagine coming in to work every day knowing that the software you’re writing helps identify and rescue vulnerable kids. Imagine an environment where you’re witnessing the daily impact of your creation because you battle on the front-line, side-by-side, with leaders in education who share your desire to defend and protect children. We’re looking for a veteran software developer who shares our altruism. It’s not an easy job. The right individual will have no issues designing systems or writing code that scales for hundreds of thousands of concurrent, enterprise users. Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills are essential to working with your team and stakeholders.
An ideal team member at Imagine Everything is patient, but bold; humble, but confident. They strive for excellence in every task and demand the same from their peers whether coaching junior developers or swaying the CTO to your way of thinking. Writing code isn’t just a job, it’s an artform, an expression that demonstrates an ability to reach near perfect efficiency.
- React.js experience organizing components and assembling interfaces that promote an amazing user experience
- You’re comfortable with full stack development whether it’s tweaking cloud services, designing a microservice architecture, or putting together user interface solutions that feel natural for end-users; but, you probably enjoy the UI/UX portion of the stack more than other areas
- Must have at least 2-3 years of practical development experience
- You write efficient, performant, stable production code and demand the same from your peers when you review their code
- You love documenting software code — ok, that was just a joking — you “can” document software and you’re clear, concise, and consistent in your writing so other developers have an easy time understanding what you’ve written
- You enjoy occasional technical support because it gives you a direct opportunity to learn from education professionals — you understand that aren’t an obstacle to be overcome but a sharpening stone that helps turn good solutions into great solutions
- You are fearless in trying new technologies and development languages
- Multiple React.js applications live, in production
- An understanding of microservice architecture and multi-tenancy SaaS system design
- Excellent knowledge of both relational and noSQL databases and ORM’s
- Extensive knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development methodology
- Mastery over software engineering tools
- Ability to travel for professional development, conferences, hackathons, and on-site meetings
- Competitive remuneration
- Remote work keeps you closer to your family
- Flexible health spending account covers 100% of dental, doctor, and drugs up to your annual limits
- Unlimited paid time off policy
How to Apply
Please drop your cover letter and curriculum vitae or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not use application tracking systems, so feel free to be creative.