At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 550 team members, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve is looking for a Service Technician to join our team in the Kelowna, BC area. The Service Technician is responsible for responding to onsite service calls for various clients and customers. Duties include desk side and onsite troubleshooting of computer and printer problems, add/move/changes and installation of new systems. They will also be accountable for servicing and repairing various products such as printers, multi-function devices, copiers, and plotters, while performing additional duties as required.
This role’s responsibilities typically involve the routine maintenance and repairs of the above-mentioned devices within a specified geography. Depending on geography or company needs, there may be a requirement to perform basic work on PC/ desktop/ laptop repairs as well.
- Maintains, deploys, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs workstations, laptops, printer systems, other computer hardware and related peripherals
- Documents, maintains, upgrades, or replaces hardware and software systems
- Perform diagnostic repairs and preventative maintenance for our clients in the local area
- Trains and consults end users on workstations, laptops, printer functions and other computer hardware and related peripherals as required
- Ensure timely updates are entered into the service management tool
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 1-2 years of relevant hardware and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to establish and maintain positive customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manufacturer certifications are considered an asset
- Knowledge of manufacturers service advisory and parts lookup processes are considered an asset
- Knowledge of desktop hardware, preferably from an enterprise or business environment
- Knowledge of software installation and troubleshooting in a Windows environment
- CompTIA A+ Certification (or similar) is considered an asset
- Must have a reliable vehicle and driver’s license (we offer competitive mileage reimbursement)
- Travel will be required throughout the interior of BC.
- Must be able to lift up to 50+ lbs.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check
- Must be a self-starter and be able to manage your day-to-day tasks
How to Apply
Please apply directly on our website: https://www.microserve.ca/jobs/service-technician/