SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN
The Okanagan Lifestyle Is Calling!
West Kelowna is an emerging city where opportunity awaits in the spectacular Okanagan Valley. As a growing municipality the City is currently working on exciting projects such as the development of #OurWK Community Vision. Come find your life balance here and grow your career with us. Live and work in a place that Maclean’s Magazine has named one of the best places to live in Canada. Captivating lakes and mountains, orchards and vineyards provide countless recreational opportunities Spend weekends wine tasting, picking fresh locally grown produce, mountain biking through stately pine forests or swimming or kayaking in beautiful Okanagan Lake. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, numerous employee wellness incentives, an earned time off program and professional development opportunities. West Kelowna is calling! We love it here… and we are certain you will too!
The City of West Kelowna’s Information Services Department is seeking to fill a full-time permanent position of Service Desk Technician. Reporting to the Information Services Manager the Service Desk Technician works within the Service Desk team.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
The position receives, documents, prioritizes incidents and service requests sent to the service desk; provides users with support, troubleshooting problems, teaching and instructing users regarding software or hardware functionality, and troubleshooting printer, POS and network issues. This position prepares workstations, user accounts and access permissions as required; maintains third-party systems, in-house software, desktop hardware/software, office systems, network, phone systems, knowledge bases, and related tasks. The position will also support council meetings.
Required Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Two year diploma or certificate in Computer Science or equivalent, plus Microsoft Technology Associate (MCA) certification or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a related position
- Good understanding of ITIL best practice framework
- Current RCMP Criminal Records Information
- Strong understanding of computer hardware and software
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Problem solving ability
- High attention to detail
- Quick learner – able toadapt to new technologies
- Valid Class 5 Driver’sLicense
- Pay $32.19 |35hrs/wk
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.