Our mission is to connect motorcycle riders around the world and let them track and share their riding activities. Tonit HQ is located in Kelowna, BC, but we have a remote development team. We’re looking for talented people who want to have a big impact on a small team.
As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll get to
- Design, develop, and maintain features on our mobile and backend projects
- Be a big part of the team, participate in design and planning of solutions on a day-to-day basis
- Refactor, rewrite, and iterate on existing features and services
- Design for scale challenges and availability concerns
- Design and implement CI servers, pipelines, and developer tools
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and design teams
- Coach and mentor junior developers and participate in code reviews
- High level of abstract thinking and a genuine love of problem solving
- Experience with iOS, Android, or React Native development
- Experience with api and server development
- Familiar with cloud based infrastructure (GCP, AWS), serverless programming, cloud storage, CDNs, Kubernetes, etc
- Computer science fundamentals like data structures, algorithms, and performance optimizations
- Deep knowledge of MongoDB
- System design experience, especially designing caching and microservices for high availability
- Experience with native mobile release flow, and over-the-air updates
- Experience with Jest
- Background location tracking on mobile
How to Apply
If you feel passionate about the role, even if you don’t meet the requirements 100%, we’d love to hear from you. Here’s what the hiring process looks like:
- Submit your application to the CTO email@example.com including a resume and any other information that might help us review.
- Screening call to make sure that your values and situation line up with this opportunity.
- Interview to meet the leadership, go through your work history, and ask us questions, then a system design interview to go through your hard skills.