What is Zolo
Zolo is one of Canada’s most popular national real estate marketplaces.
Each month more than 10 million home shoppers use Zolo to buy, sell, rent, finance, and learn about real estate.
The team is composed of technology industry veterans from companies like Uber, Kijiji, and Zillow, award-winning journalists, and experienced real estate professionals. Founded in 2012, Zolo is a profitable growth company helping Canadians with all steps of homeownership.
Zolo’s founders are successful entrepreneurs who have collectively built and sold various sites, including one of the UK’s largest dating sites, a $100 million company, and an internationally recognized e-commerce site, that was instrumental in supporting the Vancouver Olympics.
How we work
Born as a digital-first company, we offer a fully remote work environment. Slack and Google Workspace are the primary ways we collaborate. Flexibility is key to how we operate in a family-friendly culture.
You will have the opportunity to define what success looks like and contribute to a product used by millions of Canadians and others looking to invest in Canadian Real Estate.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer with FinTech experience to join our team.
You’ll be working with a team of engineers who’ve built one of the fastest growing online brokerages and PropTech companies boasting over 12 million views each month.
As an essential role within the Product and Technology Development team, your work will have an immediate impact and allow you to push the envelope while employing bleeding-edge technologies.
Some of the things you will do day-to-day
- Contribute to clean, lean, tested, robust code based on best practices
- Develop and design internal and consumer-facing applications
- Provide suggestions for development processes
- Review and contribute to our product development process
- Research and evaluating technologies to determine the most appropriate approach to achieving business and technical objectives within a given time frame
- Respond to changing requirements and troubleshoot potential blockers
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Implement both internal and external APIs for secure data transfer
- Design and construct responsive front-end architecture for multiple platforms and devices
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and on budget
- Integrate front-end architecture with back-end databases to display or capture appropriate user data
- Analyze user data to determine the most used and essential features of a product to develop or support
- Capable of interacting with stakeholders, project and product owners
- Collaborate with business and technical teams to address the needs of the company through product development
- Effectively discuss and evaluate approaches to meeting business objectives using new technologies
- Utilize your programming skills to complete code reviews, participate in scrums, turn product goals into technical goals and other related programmer activities
- Support in FinTech related initiatives
As a tenured software engineer with a background in FinTech application development, you come with 5-8+ years of professional experience. You’ll have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Development or related fields or equivalent work experience.
You’re experienced with AWS, Docker, Linux, and have worked with HTML5 and CSS3/SASS. You will have worked with application architecture (i.e. Amazon, Rackspace, MVC) and object-oriented programming skilling major development stacks. Familiarity with Google API (Google Maps) and using GIT is key. Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities, excellent logic and relational database management system experience are essential.
Having UX, design, front-end engineering skills and familiarity with agile software development methodologies will benefit you in this role. Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with the business and people who do not code, will ensure your success.
- Experience working at a tech start-up
- Experience in FinTech (preferably in an agile environment)
- Exposure to the new-tech banking sector and or banking tech accelerator programmes
- Experience in the real-estate sector
- Competitive compensation
- Work from home
- Extended health
- A start-up, driven by changing the status quo, being positively competitive and moving the needle
- Experienced leadership
- Extremely fast-moving
- Family-friendly – never miss a family event or dinner
- Comprehensive benefits package
How to Apply
Please apply with the link provided