Come build the experience millions of Canadians use to change their life.
What is Zolo
Home transactions are confusing, stressful, and difficult. They shouldn’t be. Old school real estate sites aren’t up to the challenge of making it better. That’s where we come in.
Zolo helps people confidently take the next step in life by making the home journey easier, transparent, and exciting.
One of Canada’s most popular national real estate marketplaces – more than 12 million home shoppers use Zolo each month to buy, sell, rent, finance, and learn about real estate.
The team is composed of technology industry veterans from companies like Uber, Kijiji, and Zillow, award winning journalists, and experienced real estate professionals. Founded in 2012, Zolo is a profitable growth company helping Canadians with all steps of home ownership.
How you’ll work
Born as a digital-first company, Zolo offers a fully remote work environment. Slack and Google Workspace are the primary ways to collaborate. The family-first culture allows for convenient work and home integration. Never miss family events again.
Focus time is sacred. Operate a flexible calendar with minimal meetings.
Your efforts will have an outsized impact on the happiness of millions of Canadians.
What you will be doing
As an Intermediate Full Stack Software Developer on the tech team, you will be:
- Building product: You’ll be working closely with the product and engineering team to plan, architect, and deliver core functionality for the platform. Team members collaborate in spurts and operate with autonomy.
- Explore new technologies: Investigate the use of Advanced Search or Artificial Intelligence to solve problems. A great home discovery experience depends on efficient search and display.
- As a generalist, tackling a variety of problems from end-to-end excites you, regardless of the technology used.
- Your customer focused nature and empathy informs your technology decisions.
- Challenges are tackled in a pragmatic fashion. You accept trade-offs, understand reasonable technical debt, and choose the right tools for the job.
- Being a good communicator creates clarity and lets everyone operate with velocity.
- Solving problems for real people charges your battery. You are intrinsically motivated and have the will to win.
Skills needed for success
- 2-4+ years of professional experience with a background in web application development.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or similar or equivalent work experience.
- HTML, CSS, and respect for performance optimization, and semantic design.
- LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack development.
- Linux, Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, and/or other data-stores such as Elastic, Redis, or MongoDB.
- Modern Cloud-based technology stacks: AWS, Google Cloud, MS Azure, etc.
- GIT-based agile development practices.
To get a head start, the following experience would be useful but not required:
- Working at a tech scale-up
- Real estate or Proptech sector
- Consumer web application development with complex search
- Artificial intelligence or machine learning
- Big data
- Competitive salary
- Extended health
- Family friendly – never miss a family event or dinner
How to Apply
Please apply with a resume and cover letter (where applicable) to email@example.com.