PURPOSE OF THE JOB OR GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY: The incumbent is responsible for delivering high quality working software and automating manual/reusable task. Leverage continuous engineering practices to deliver business value regarding effectiveness of the design. Actively participate in refining user stories. Responsible for providing automated monitoring capabilities, providing support, provide knowledge transfer to production support. Develop code in accordance with acceptance criteria established by the Product Owners. The successful candidate who joins our development team will be handling a set of mobile or web projects, as well as client’s sites/projects for our registration system (web forms). The incumbent will report directly to our Chief Apps Developer Officer and work closely as a team in the development of future and ongoing custom development systems.
NATURE AND SCOPE: The incumbent represents the Draft house Labs name and must maintain a high degree of integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Development and Coding
- Communication and team work
Development and Coding
- Apache software or equivalent
- Experience in software architecture and UX Design
- Good knowledge and experience in MySQL products, MongoDB (additional advantage), React Native or similar technologies
- Application, website and tech-focused business development experience
- Integration experience with CRMs (Zoho preferred) and other platforms
- Participate in entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Collaborate with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive code to enhance the user experience
- Compile and analyze data, processes and code to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement,
- Knowledge of multi-threaded programming, network protocols, code profiling,
- Conducting code review
- Developing and executing test cases
- Planning and scheduling application release cycles
- Learning all inhouse web based systems
- Project Management experience with sprint-based projects
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages and better assist other team members
- Follow emerging technologies,
- Take the lead on projects, as needed.
- Reviews and develops project objectives with respect to regulatory requirements/cyber security
- Manage client’s expectations with a clear understanding of the client’s technical, financial, and performance objectives
- Delegates and controls tasks and scope to engineers, designers, and sub-consultants
- Prepares project documents – project plans, scope documents, RFI’s, extra-scope forms, CWPs, and meeting minutes to project stakeholders
- Effectively communicates with the project manager(s), team members, clients, and other stakeholders at all stages of a project to identify and address problems and bottlenecks
- Controls quality and checks of deliverables and submittals
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for software applications, websites, and mobile apps
- Plan, design, and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration, and operation of software, web, and mobile applications
- Managing application services
Communication and team work
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with additional full stack developers and teams
- In put tasks, hours worked and other various tasks into a CRM
- Communicate both verbally and written clearly as well as ion technical and non-technical terms for end-users/client to understand
- Ability to inspire a positive team environment through working in a collegial, consultative and collaborative manner
The incumbent may be required to take on special projects and work overtime as assigned by the Chief Apps Developer Officer or Executive Team of Draft House Labs or IWG Corporate Services.
FORMAL TRAINING & EDUCATION
Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Development/Software) or Computer Science
- 7 years minimum of software and website development experience
- Project Engineering (4 years minimum)
- Project Management (4 years minimum)
- Have hands-on keyboard AWS implementation experience across a broad range of AWS services, with deeper capabilities and interests in specific services
- Scripting capability and the ability to develop AWS environments as code
- Must have at least 1 AWS Associate or Professional Certification
- Ability to provide direction and mentor teammates with less AWS Connect experience.
- Ability to create custom reports for AWS Connect.
- Azure experience an asset.
- OS: Windows, OSX and Linux
- DB: MSSQL, Oracle, AWS RDS, NoSQL, Dynamo
- Network/Security: AWS VPC, Direct Connect, SDN, VPN
- Backup/DR: AWS EBS S3, Glacier
- DevOps: AWS Cloudformation, GitHub, Ansible, Docker
- Cloud Technologies: AWS Connect, Pinpoint, Lambda, Lex, S3, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route 53, IAM/Roles
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity best practices and hacking/phishing prevention
- Well-rounded and diverse knowledge base in a variety of engineering and technical disciplines
- Ability to function in multidisciplinary projects involving various disciplines
- Strong understanding of scope, time, risk, and quality management
- Strong understanding and application of engineering codes, standards, and best practices
- Able to work and contribute individually and as part of a team, being a self-starter
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Service-oriented, client, and team focused
- Impeccable attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to speak other languages is an asset.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
How to Apply
Please end your resume and an example of your work/project to email@example.com