Who is Kelowna Software?
Kelowna Software Ltd is one of the leading custom software development and custom IT solutions providers in the Okanagan. Working with companies of all sizes – small start-ups, government agencies, and everything in between, we develop real solutions for real people to use every day. Using our vast experience across a world of domains, we build innovative products from scratch and tailor each solution to fit the specific needs of our clients.
We live and breathe software… it’s in our bones. We believe in our products, our people, and the positive impact we are making on businesses in our communities.
We are continuing to see growth in our company and are looking for the right people to help lead our organization.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst located in the Okanagan, who is excited to design and implement QA methodologies for all our projects. This is a new role to lead and define our entire QA process for the organization. If you have a keen eye for detail, a passion for QA, we want to hear from you!
It is mandatory you live in the Okanagan as there will occasionally be need for you to visit clients for in-person meetings.
- Design, implement and run testing plans for products.
- Identify procedures and scenarios for the quality control of products and services.
- Review dashboard & insights and inform the development team of defects, errors and performance bottlenecks.
- Communicate quantitative and qualitative findings from test results to the development team.
- Establish and maintain metrics to indicate code quality – code coverage, test frequency, defects, regressions.
- Create defects based on results of tests.
- Ensure that each release maintains a high confidence level of software quality
- Track performance and determine areas for improvement to enhance the product’s efficiency.
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipeline in Microsoft Azure.
- Incorporate test code into routine development processes – version control, code reviews.
- Identify areas to improve test coverage.
- Perform automated and manual testing.
- Work in an Agile environment.
- Occasionally visit clients for on-site meetings.
- Live in the Okanagan
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years experience in quality control
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Diligent and meticulous
- High regard for quality control
Nice to Haves
- Understand C#, Typescript
- Experience with xUnit
- Experience with Azure Pipelines
Our Design Patterns
- Command Query Responsibility Separation (CQRS)
- Test Driven Development
- Domain Driven Design
- Automated Testing (xUnit)
Why work at Kelowna Software?
Our close knit, diverse company is growing! Come work with us on interesting projects that span many domains and build awesome products for our clients. Using the newest technology and modern software development design patterns means we have time to focus our energy on the important tasks, instead of the menial. Our small business mentality means we build trust and respect from the outset, with the feeling of family at the forefront. We value comradery and having fun while demonstrating professionalism and inclusivity every day. Here, your ideas matter. We thrive on leadership and supporting each other, and we check our egos at the door. If you think you have what it takes to work with us, we’d love to hear from you!
- Build reliable, scalable, maintainable software products that our customers love.
- Take existing, dated software and modernize them to be faster, more reliable, more maintainable and cloud-based.
Our Culture & Benefits
- Work from home
- Casual dress
- Treat each other with respect and build loyalty.
- Always look internally first for talent.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org