Performs all of the duties of a Quality Analyst 1 and 2 plus the following:
- Analyzes and translates business information requirements, and vendor-driven release notes to develop test strategy plans, define the scope of testing and test timeline estimates when acting as a test lead for small to medium sized projects.
- Manages capacity planning and resources when acting as test lead of small to medium projects, and supports the quality assurance team with testing and documentation as needed to meet deadlines.
- Develops and monitors risk-management procedures, and maintains and analyzes defect logs for small to medium sized projects, to ensure compliance, and identifies and reports recurring issues to management.
- Develops, implements and maintains automated software test scripts to meet business and system requirements. This includes the writing of test plans, structured specifications, programming (as appropriate), to enhance coverage or automate manual repeatable time intensive tasks.
- Collaborates with Developers in writing automation tests in all layers of applications – Unit, UI, Operations, and Integration.
- Establishes and enhances QA methodology for test and defect management, and tools supporting processes.
- Reviews, analyzes and identifies potential testing gaps in testing performed by peers, QAA1s, or other business areas.
- Maintains, upgrades and enhances a library of testing documents including a record of updates to the documents.
- Provides expertise and support to Quality Assurance Analyst 1s and Contractors.
- Monitors and stays appraised of new or changed applications across FortisBC IS groups assets, and ensures that testing documentation is up to date.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with all IS groups as well as stakeholders.
- Performs other duties of a minor nature related to the above responsibilities, which do not affect the evaluation of the job.
- Travel to various operating units as required in support of company and departmental objectives.
- Two year technical Diploma in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or Business Administration (with an IT emphasis).
- Five (5) years’ experience with testing including writing test plans/cases/ strategies, executions of tests and issues tracking
- Related work experience includes writing test plans/cases/strategies, executions of tests and issues tracking, and experience with applications used by FortisBC, such as SAP, Customer Information Systems (CIS), Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Mobile Workforce Management (MWFM) and Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI).
- Strong understanding of the STLC & review process, various testing concepts (e.g. Functional, Usability, Availability, Performance), methodologies and industry-standard best practices
- Proficient with computer systems and related programs including Microsoft Office, Access, SharePoint, and Visio.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to share knowledge and skills with others, properly document issues/enhancements and work directly with other areas of the business to ensure resolution.
- Understanding of basic Waterfall and Iterative project management concepts
- Strong investigation and analytical skills, utilizing both black and grey box testing.
- Strong attention to detail with focus on ensuring the delivery of high quality accurate and reliable data.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with some leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to multi-task deadline-driven tasks
- Demonstrated superior analytical abilities, organizational skills, and time management skills with the ability to multi-task deadline-driven tasks
- Demonstrated advanced interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Understanding of querying using SQL, and experience with automated testing experience, as well as with project tracking software (ex. JIRA) would be considered assets.
How to Apply
Apply on the corporate website: