Okanagan College transforms lives and communities. We are one of Canada’s leading colleges. We create outstanding educational experiences for our learners, both students and employees. We work and learn in a welcoming and caring culture. We are a catalyst for change through collaboration with our learners and partners. We serve, lead and anticipate the social, economic and environmental needs of communities.
Senior Programmer/Analyst, Enterprise Systems Lead
Software & Support Services
Education and Experience:
Extensive experience with Ellucian Banner, PL/SQL, and Oracle database is required.
Prior experience as a technical team lead an asset.
Extended training or certifications in Project Management, Business Analysis, Database Administration, Windows and Linux System Administration or Software Development would be an asset
Skills and Abilities:
• In-depth knowledge and experience installing, configuring, support and functional use of enterprise and reporting systems, ideally Ellucian Banner, Millenium FAST, Infosilem, Evisions MAPS/Argos, and Document Imaging
• In-depth knowledge of IT, HR, Finance, Registration, and Student business processes, inter-system communications and data flow, ad-hoc and scheduled jobs, use and support of enterprise system functionality within and across departments to meet organizational goals
• Strong understanding and ability to apply Business Analysis, Software Development, Project Management, Change Management and Quality Assurance principles to oversee the design, development, implementation and testing of enterprise systems and software products
• Very advanced relational database concepts, strong Oracle PL/SQL skills, and high-level database administration
• Strong system and OS Administration on Windows and Linux servers. Comfortable with system configuration, command line tools, shell/batch scripting (Linux Bash/shell scripting, Windows Powershell, Python, etc)
• Strong understanding of software application development and design principles, data integration and exchange, ability to understand code and work with technical staff on architecture, design, implementation and testing
• Working knowledge of networking concepts, understanding of database and web application communication and network protocols, including DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP/S, SSL/TLS, IP addressing, ports, web sockets
• Very strong understanding of software development life cycle, Agile/Scrum, iterative development methodologies. Able to apply, demonstrate to others, and lead teams/projects to success
• Ability to define, apply, promote, and advocate for software development best practices, coding standards, data privacy, secure coding, and quality assurance standards within the team
• Leads by example, creates positive team culture, demonstrates technical and service excellence
• Strong ability to communicate and work effectively with interdisciplinary teams, technical and non-technical staff at varying levels while exercising courtesy, professionalism, tact and discretion
• Flexible and adaptable with learning, understanding and applying new technologies, methodologies, tools and programming languages
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to participate in meetings and group discussions, create formal and informal documentation as necessary
• Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills, ability to investigate and assess software-related issues and products
• Highly self-motivated and directed; Ability to work with limited supervision, provide supervision and guidance to others within subject matter expertise area
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Keen attention to detail and a quality driven mindset
Support – Regular Full-time
Appointment Start Date:
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate:
$57,693 – $65,971 NOTE: In addition to the annual salary, a $10,000 annual labour market stipend applies to this position.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Posting Opening Date:
Posting Closing Date:
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to the following website: https://www.employmentopportunities.okanagan.bc.ca and complete an on-line application.