Senior Program Manager, buildNEXT (Full-Time)
Foresight Cleantech Accelerator Centre is a growing organization with an exciting mission: accelerating the growth and impact of cleantech ecosystems across Canada. We bring together industry, government, academia, investors, and innovators to address today’s most urgent climate issues. Join us! We’re looking for a Senior Program Manager, buildNEXT.
The Senior Program Manager, buildNEXT, is a strategic connector who will work alongside the Director, Industry Innovation and support the growth & impact of our national built environment ecosystem development program: buildNEXT.
buildNEXT is an ecosystem-based accelerator established by Foresight to drive the development and scaling of Canadian ventures in the built environment. buildNEXT brings partners together to explore new low-carbon building materials, green construction practices, improve building efficiencies and operations, and other principles of sustainability in the built environment that align with a net-zero future.
As a member of the Foresight and buildNEXT teams, you will report to Foresight’s Director, Industry Innovation.
Your personal goal is to be the primary point of contact and source of knowledge and insight on the built environment within Foresight. You will maintain strong relationships with key ecosystem partners, including other accelerators and innovators, working together to increase the pace and scale of available housing in Canada.
The successful applicant will be a true community builder who is passionate about reducing Canada’s climate impact through technology innovation and about the potential for Canada to build housing that addresses the housing gap and the climate crisis.
This means that you are a strong facilitator, a great writer and communicator, are comfortable working remotely and have strong time and project management skills.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Lead the coordination and communication among partner accelerators and funders to understand and deliver support to innovators working on innovative approaches to scale housing development in Canada
- Support the planning, delivery and facilitation of in-person and virtual events that support the buildNEXT program
- Lead the development of reports for key funders and partners
- Coordinate buildNEXT activities, including acceleration, venture mentoring, industry challenges, marketing, thought leadership and communications.
- Represent Foresight and buildNEXT in events and networks as a key supporter of the built environment tech community.
- Gather and share information on key developments in the built environment space.
- Recruit new companies and mentors into Foresight’s built environment training programs.
- Five to eight years relevant experience.
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Strong program management and delivery experience.
- Experience with built environment innovation, markets, and adopters is a strong asset.
- Proposal writing and corporate partnerships experience is preferred.
- Experience in the clean technology industry is an asset.
Job Type: Full-Time
Rate: $75,000-$90,000 Base + benefits (key is best fit and experience for the role)
Foresight accelerates the growth and impact of cleantech ecosystems across Canada. We have supported 750+ ventures in our Kickstart, Launch, Deliver, and Grow programs, and 150+ industry partners through our industry, capital, and export programs. Foresight’s expertise has helped secure $800 million in capital, $300+ million revenues and 6,600+ high-paying jobs with an economic impact of over $1 billion. Our domestic and international engagement includes collaboration with 2,000+ stakeholders and partners. We have a strong history of strategy, ecosystem mapping, and partnership building that positions Canada as a global leader in cleantech innovation.
Foresight recognizes that the best teams include diverse voices. We welcome all applicants with the requisite experience and skills for the position to apply, and invite interested individuals to reach out with any questions or requests for accommodation through the application or interview process.
The team at Foresight is passionate about solving pressing environmental problems and bringing transformative technologies to market. Apply today to join this dynamic team. Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Please apply directly through our careers page.