Our mission at Greenspace is to empower mental health service providers and users with the technology, tools and insights they need to transform the way that services are accessed, measured and delivered. We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing team and lead Product Design for our Population Health solution.
As a Senior Product Designer on the Pop Health team, your role is to understand the needs of our users, customers and other stakeholders and translate them into valuable and usable product features. You will work with Product and Engineering to conduct user research, wireframe, validate the solution with users, create high-fidelity mockups, and prepare design documentation. You will work closely with the cross-functional delivery team to bring these designs to life in an agile product development environment.
Why you are right for this role
- You are a curious thinker who loves learning, and you constantly look to improve your processes, tools, and techniques.
- You are passionate about solving complex problems by exploring a wide breadth of ideas and converging on solutions by leveraging user research, data, and peer feedback.
- You are passionate about delivering high quality work, focusing on executing fine details while keeping the bigger picture in mind.
- You thrive in a team environment and enjoy working collaboratively across multidisciplinary teams.
- You are a strong advocate of great user experience and design thinking across the organization to find the best solution for our users.
- You are excited about creating digital experiences that will improve the lives of millions of people in Canada and Canadians abroad.
What you’ll do
- Work side by side Product and Engineering to create quality digital experiences that deliver value.
- Leverage user feedback and insights to understand customer needs and validate the solution.
- Lead the end-to-end design process from concept to delivery, including: research, ideation, wireframing, prototyping, high-fidelity mockups, delivery and iteration.
- Help facilitate the discovery process, conduct user research, facilitate workshops, synthesize and communicate findings to the team.
- Create delightful visual interfaces using a component-based design system that ensures consistency, reusability and scalability.
- Evangelize best design practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers.
- 3+ years of experience working as a product designer (UI/UX).
- Knowledge in design fundamentals such as visual, interaction, and human-centric design that translate into delightful experiences for the end user.
- Proficiency in UX strategy and planning, including ability to structure projects, scope out your work, identify areas of focus and design the discovery process using the right tools for the job.
- Experience designing across multiple platforms (web and mobile).
- Strong portfolio demonstrating your ability to create polished solutions.
- Working knowledge of well established design patterns and modern accessibility criteria (WCAG 2.0 AA) to ensure the product is accessible to a wide range of audiences.
- Communication skills to work with teams across disciplines, and the ability to confidently express the rationale behind your work.
- Ability to collaborate with Engineering to understand technical constraints and propose design alternatives based on limitations.
- Growth mindset – always hungry to keep improving yourself, the products, and our design practice.
- Understanding of how design fits into a modern lean-agile development process.
- Demonstrated experience running a continuous discovery practice.
- Previous experience working as part of a design team that uses modern best practices and can lead the implementation of those practices on our team at the appropriate time.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in consumer-facing digital healthcare solutions.
Born out of St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto, Greenspace was founded to fill a gap between the proven benefits of measurement-based care in research and its actual implementation in practice. Since then, we’ve worked to break down barriers to implementation and empower organizations to use data to inform treatment decisions and drastically improve the quality of mental health care across North America. Our solutions include:
Measurement Based Care Platform: Enables mental health providers and organizations to implement consistent evidence-based measurement into their practice and use it to inform the treatment process.
Intake Module: A flexible intake solution that facilitates a more effective referral into mental health and addictions services and allows for prioritization of care for those who need it most.
Population Health Module: A patient-facing solution that provides mental health support directly to individuals through a wellness portal, giving users the ability to track and engage with their own progress and take more ownership over their care decisions. We recently helped develop and launch Wellness Together Canada – a major initiative funded by Health Canada to provide virtual mental health and substance use support for all Canadians through COVID-19.
We are a startup, which means that you will have significant responsibility and an opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development and growth of our solutions. We are passionate about improving the quality of mental health care and improving the lives of millions of people. We believe in a collaborative work environment where everyone’s view carries equal weight. Good ideas are good ideas and it doesn’t matter whether they come from the CEO or the newest employee. Learn more about our culture on our website.
We believe that diversity makes our organization stronger and we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Greenspace recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes employees regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
- Healthy work/life balance – we recognize that building a startup is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Tight-knit collaborative work environment where we work in teams rather than siloed individuals.
- Flexible hybrid-remote environment with physical hubs in Vancouver, Kelowna and Toronto.
- Ongoing mentorship, coaching and personal development opportunities from experienced team members or external resources.
- Generous vacation and comprehensive benefits package, including paid parental leave.
How to Apply
Please apply via AngelList