Who is Kelowna Software?
Kelowna Software Ltd is one of the leading custom software development and custom IT solutions providers in the Okanagan. Working with companies of all sizes – small start-ups, government agencies, and everything in between, we develop real solutions for real people to use every day. Using our vast experience across a world of domains, we build innovative products from scratch and tailor each solution to fit the specific needs of our clients. We live and breathe software… it’s in our bones. We believe in our products, our people, and the positive impact we are making on businesses in our communities.
We are continuing to see growth in our company and are looking for the right people to help lead our organization.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to fill the position of Senior Full Stack Developer (currently living in the Okanagan) to join our existing team in building products for our customers. This is a new role to expand our capabilities. This is full-time, work from home position, starting immediately. This is a great opportunity for growth, leading to a team lead/software manager role.
As a senior full stack developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end development, designing software systems with little oversight, and can mentor other developers. You should be the most knowledgeable person on the team and be able to solve yours and other’s problems quickly and efficiently. You have been a senior engineer/developer on multiple products in the past and have an strong knowledge of the .NET Core and Angular API’s. The products we are building utilize .NET Core 5/Angular 11.
It is mandatory you live in the Okanagan as there will occasionally be need for you to visit clients for in-person meetings.
– Collaborate with stake holders to architect, develop, deploy, and maintain high quality, scalable web applications.
– Develop software with little to no oversight.
– Determine business rules based on existing product.
– Transform high-level ideas into functional, working software.
– Work in an environment using continuous integration/delivery.
– Use tools such as Visual Studio, Git.
– Perform code reviews.
– Occasionally visit clients for on-site meetings.
– Live in the Okanagan
– Proficient in English, both written and verbal
– 4-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
– 7+ years with C# (ASP.NET Core or ASP.NET MVC)
– 3+ Years with .NET Core (Not just ASP.NET MVC)
– 5+ years with Angular 2+/React/Vue
– 7+ years with HTML5/CSS
– 7+ years with relational databases (MySQL/SQL Server/SQL Azure)
– Experience using NPM, WebPack, Angular CLI
– Proven ability to deliver software products from concept to delivery.
– Understanding of methods, processes, and systems for deploying cloud applications.
– Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
– Good communicator with ability to work in a team environment.
– Understanding of the software development life cycle.
Nice to Haves
– Experience with Kendo UI
– Experience with Azure DevOps
– Experience with CI/CD
Our Design Patterns
– Command Query Responsibility Separation (CQRS)
– Test Driven Development
– Domain Driven Design
– Automated Testing (xUnit)
Why work at Kelowna Software?
Our close knit, diverse company is growing! Come work with us on interesting projects that span many domains and build awesome products for our clients. Using the newest technology and modern software development design patterns means we have time to focus our energy on the important tasks, instead of the menial. Our small business mentality means we build trust and respect from the outset, with the feeling of family at the forefront. We value comradery and having fun while demonstrating professionalism and inclusivity every day. Here, your ideas matter. We thrive on leadership and supporting each other, and we check our egos at the door. If you live in the Okanagan and think you have what it takes to work with us, we’d love to hear from you!
– Build reliable, scalable, maintainable software products that our customers love.
– Take existing, dated software and modernize them to be faster, more reliable, more maintainable and cloud-based.
Our Culture & Benefits
– Work from home
– Casual dress
– Treat each other with respect and build loyalty.
– Always look internally first for talent.
– Training and support for staff to do great things.
– Generous compensation, vacation & sick time
– Healthcare spending account
– Flexible schedule
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org