Who we are:
Raptor Integration Inc. is an industrial automation company, based in Salmon Arm, BC, that specializes in custom scanning and control system solutions in the wood processing industry. Our customers are sawmills that are looking for solutions that are crafted specifically for their needs that are both well-supported and innovative. We use a variety of 3D sensor technologies to determine the highest grade and value of wood. Our scanning and optimization solutions use a combination of locally hosted web applications and Windows desktop applications to display system results, enable system setup and configuration, and provide diagnostic information.
We have a cross-disciplinary team of engineers and developers that work together to support and develop complex systems that interact with various hardware components, make use of different technologies, and present data in intuitive ways. We work with customers to bridge the gap between the target output of their systems and the software solutions we offer; tuning and configuring systems to achieve the best output for that customer. We strive to create technical solutions that provide economic benefit to our customers while upholding the safety of the people and the environment in around them. https://raptorint.ca/
The Service and Support Technician role is for dynamic customer focused people.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about our products and helping our customers get the most out of them.
You would work closely with the engineering and development team to test and configure our custom systems. You would interact with customers and provide technical support relating to all aspects of our products, both in person and remotely. You can look forward to:
- Installing new Raptor Integration Systems both remotely and on site.
- Configuring systems to customers’ specifications and tuning products to achieve desired customer goals.
- Troubleshooting system issues on site and remotely
- Training customers on system operation
- Documenting features, procedures, and field reports
- Assembling and configuring computer enclosures and network hardware
- Installing and mounting sensors and related wiring
- Performing system alignment and calibration
You would bring a positive attitude and willingness to engage with the team to improve products and procedures! You would be easy to talk to and be interested in travelling for work.
Your credentials would include:
- A diploma or degree in a relevant discipline.
- A valid driver’s license (class 5 or 7)
- The ability to travel within the US and Canada
Your technical skills would include:
- Understanding of the sawmilling and wood processing industry
- Knowledge of lumber grading rules and the grading process
- Experience configuring computer hardware and software.
- Practical expertise in troubleshooting of computer, network, and electrical systems (including wiring)
- Experience with Windows operating systems, including work with IIS, firewall, and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- mechanical aptitude
What we offer:
This position is based out of our head office in Salmon Arm, BC with a requirement to travel domestically and internationally, up to 40%.
The salary range for a Senior Field Service Technician is $80,000-$100,000, based on a 40-hour Monday-Friday work week. Compensation is based on experience and skill.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes RRSP contributions, health, and dental. We pride ourselves on creating a great culture- foosball, NFL and NHL pools, outdoor activities, healthy balance of work and play.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates, please submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org