Arbutus Properties is an established private real estate company based in Vancouver, B.C. Over the past ten years Arbutus has grown to become one of the top real estate development firms in Western Canada with projects and subsidiary companies in Saskatoon and Seattle. Arbutus is a nimble boutique developer with a depth of experience in residential and commercial retail centres.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior AutoCAD Technologist to work with and support our residential and commercial design team in Vancouver.
This exciting position will have you involved in:
- Prepare detailed architectural drawings for residential and potential commercial construction projects
- Create architectural drawings based on building specifications and calculations
- Understand and analyze National and Provincial building codes, local by-laws, space requirements and site requirements required to produce detailed design and construction drawings
- Ensure that errors and/or omissions are minimized by examining drawings and making required alterations as required
- Create complete architectural drawing packages for review and approval by the City of Saskatoon’s Building Standards Branch
- Contribute to the set up and maintenance of CAD standards
- Working with and guiding an experienced junior AutoCAD operator
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Passion about working on a wide range of challenging and diverse projects
- Must have post-secondary education equivalent to a 2-year college diploma in Drafting Technology with additional courses in AutoCAD and preferably Revit
- You are proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Must demonstrate an understanding of quality standards relative to specification design, planning, and engineering fundamentals and principles
- You have strong computer skills to produce effective drawings, develop concepts, and prepare reports and presentations
- Proactive, thinking ahead to anticipate and meet the team’s needs
- Ability to work independently and creatively with a strong follow-through and follow-up attitude towards projects
- You pride yourself on your interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Continually staying up to date on building specifications and creative architectura concepts and designs
- Graphic design experience is an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in architectural AutoCAD in single and multi-family housing construction
- Some commercial experience would be an asset
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- A competitive Salary and Benefits program
- Opportunity to grow and improve an already impressive suite of home designs
- A fun, collaborative team environment where everyone is important, and everyone’s voice is heard
- Learning and growth opportunities
Have we caught your attention yet and you are interested in learning more? If this role sounds like you, please submit a detailed application directly to: email@example.com.
We thank you for your submission and will contact you if we need further information, or if we wish to progress to interview.
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19: The health and safety of our employees and candidates is our first priority. We closely monitor local, regional, and global conditions related to the pandemic, and your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change to adhere to recommendations by health authorities and government regulations.
How to Apply
Please send your application directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://lovehr.recruitee.com/o/senior-autocad-technologist to apply online.