WTFast – the world leader in low latency internet route optimization since 2009. We were the first to truly innovate in this space, literally flipping the Internet model upside down. We have created an amazing plug and play networking solution, powered by real-time statistics and an expert system. With 12 granted patents, and more to come, we are re-inventing the Internet. We are a talented team based out of Kelowna that likes to create amazing technologies to solve latency issues for online gaming.
We are looking for a hard working individual to be an integral part of our amazing QA Team. The QA Automation Engineer will work to design testing procedures for our software applications. In this role you will be responsible for analyzing the functionality of applications and designing automated tests to validate their performance. This role will focus on developing automated tests for front end systems. You will also be required to identify bugs, install databases, and collaborate with the other engineering teams.
What We Value
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
- World class; you have a natural tendency to be innovative and cutting edge using creative problem solving.
- Customer focused; listening and understanding first before acting with a strong desire to always be helpful, professional and respectful.
- A team player; teamwork is your middle name. You want to brainstorm with the best of them and are continually looking for ways to do it better.
- Accountable; you value accuracy and take ownership with a data driven approach.
We list our values and beliefs first because they are non-negotiable; if you’re still reading then check out some of the responsibilities you will own.
- Design and implement testing plans for existing and new products
- Write efficient test plans and test cases that exercise all logic paths
- Execute test cases and validate functions using automation tools
- Design and execute efficient smoke and regression tests for mobile and web
- Work alongside the customer support team to debug and solve quality issues
- Add to the QA strategy by evolving QA tools, processes and best practices
- Collaborate directly with development team to deliver projects on-time and on-budget to the product lead’s satisfaction
- Be detail-oriented with a focus on quality and customers
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Advanced programming skills including automation systems and databases.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with experience in analyzing processes, initiatives and systems
- Working Knowledge of script writing and experience with test automation
- Experience with Jira, Linux and Postman
- Knowledge of industry standard best practices of software testing
- Experience in automated testing methodologies, frameworks, and tools
- Detailed knowledge of application functions, big fixing and testing protocols.
- Programming experience with ZAPTEST, selenium, or cypress
NICE TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, software engineering or similar field
- Love of video games and knowledge of the gaming industry a bonus
- Familiarity with working in an agile environment (using Jira to communicate / track progress)
Our greatest asset is our people. In addition to our dedicated, innovative and collaborative atmosphere we offer eligible employees;
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health and dental care
- Minimum 20 days paid time off
- Learning and development opportunities
- Work Remotely
How to Apply
Please apply to the link below!