About the Opportunity
Our Kelowna office is looking to add an enthusiastic full-time Proposal Coordinator to work alongside our project leaders, a network of communications specialists and other administrative professionals. If you are a self-motivated individual, who thrives in a busy environment and enjoys coordinating the preparation of proposals, reports, and other professional documents, keep reading.
As a Proposal Coordinator with Urban, you will get to contribute in the following ways:
- Coordination – Research, monitor and coordinate the proposal process from monitoring new opportunities and supporting a shared understanding of RFP requirements to getting all the details together for submission.
- Document Production – Expanding and applying your creative skills to prepare proposals, reports, presentations, posters, graphics, layout and printing production while helping to ensure our work is on-brand and reflects our company and clients.
- Quality Control – Work closely with team members to ensure accuracy of project deliverables and financial documents to ensure adherence to quality control systems.
- Team Support – follow team schedules, project status and milestone dates. Coordinate team meetings, take meeting minutes and follow up on action items.
- Visual Resource Assistance – Being a steward of our digital visual library by helping to catalogue and maintain our shared visual resources.
The ideal candidate for this position is a proactive and energetic self-starter who is committed to providing outstanding service both to the internal team and to Urban Systems’ clients. Candidates with a minimum of 2 years of previous experience with a professional service firm in a similar capacity will be given preference.
Does this list reflect your skills, strengths and abilities?
- Creative Collaborator – translate complex information and present it in a clear and concise way, spanning diverse audiences and platforms.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe (InDesign and Illustrator) – be technically proficient and experienced with a design eye to produce visually appealing materials.
- Energy and Adaptability – balance requests from multiple sources, and work within timelines. Work without boundaries and be open to finding diverse and unexpected solutions to problems and challenges. Be an integral member of a growing team and fuel creativity and excitement.
- Service Minded – a great day is when you can meet the needs of others and jump in where needed. You are driven by a desire to learn more about processes, people, or issues by asking questions and seeking information.
- Quality Orientation – be mindful of all aspects involved regardless of magnitude, reviewing workload, client needs, and applicable processes while maintaining keen attention to detail.
Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary community consulting firm with deep Canadian roots. At Urban Systems, vibrant communities are everything—including our own work community. Since 1975, we have grown to more than 600 people with 18 offices across Canada. Every day, our purpose-driven team works closely with our clients and their communities to deliver impactful work.
We care for our communities and for our people. It’s our differences that make us exciting, and our shared belief in Urban Systems that binds us together. We’re searching for the creative and passionate and the curious and courageous to join us in creating meaningful and generational change in communities.
Our Commitment to You
Are you looking for a meaningful challenge and to create impact in your community? Join a tight-knit team of professionals at Urban Systems and be part of our mission to build vibrant communities across Canada. Here’s what you can expect as part of our team:
- Competitive Compensation. You’ll receive competitive compensation, extended health, dental, vision care coverage, and more. This position will have a salary range of $58,000.00 – $68,000.00 per year based on a 40-hour work week. The range is negotiable based on your skillset and experience.
- Flexible Work Environment. You have a life outside of work! We offer flexibility in your work and work environment to help you do your best work and meet your commitments.
- Paid Time Off. We understand the importance of taking time off to recharge and spend time with loved ones! Enjoy 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, in addition to statutory days off throughout the year.
- Saving for the Future. To help you achieve your long-term financial goals, we offer a Long-Term Matching Program to match your contributions to an RRSP or TFSA.
- Learn and Grow. Your professional growth & development is supported here. You are encouraged to take initiative and shape your career through coaching, in-house learning, technical courses, and more.
- Work with Inter-Disciplinary Teams. Amazing things happen when you mix creativity, curiosity, teamwork, and a strong desire to collaborate and innovate. You will be part of diverse, inter-disciplinary teams to deliver important work for our clients and their communities.
How to Apply
If this describes your background, skills and attributes please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn’t describe you exactly but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams leads to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, at 9:00 am PST