Our client is a real-estate and community development titan across the interior of British Columbia. Through the various on-going, finished, and future projects they have set themselves apart as an industry and community leader and continue to provide truly unique, practical, and sustainable projects that set the standards for competition around them.
We have the privilege of searching for our clients next Property Manager!
The Property Manager (Live-in) will be responsible for multiple rental apartment communities, totaling over 150 apartments, and located near the UBCO campus in Kelowna, BC. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Vice President of Property Management and will have the responsibility for managing daily operations on-site, ensuring the property and buildings are maintained, and building sustainable tenant relations.
What you’ll do:
- Manage daily on-site operations and work to serve current/future tenants with a high degree of service excellence
- Assist with prospecting, pre-screening, credit checks, leasing, and other application activities
- Answer current/prospective tenant inquiries, and ensure issues and service requests are responded to within 24 hours
- Oversee move-ins and outs, inspections, showings, property tours
- Distribute notices in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act
- Ensure the property’s common areas, exterior and grounds are kept to a high standard
- Actively participate in meetings
- Perform administrative duties such as paperwork, correspondence, computer entry, etc.
- Utilize on-site rental management software program
- Be available for emergency on-calls on evenings and weekends
- Troubleshoot issues with the building and tenants
- Assist to ensure upkeep and regular maintenance of building(s) and equipment
What you’ll bring:
- 3 years’ minimum experience related to managing a residential apartment property
- Hospitality management, customer services or sales administration is considered an asset
- Familiar with the BC Residential Tenancy Act and Personal Information Privacy Act of BC
- Ability to develop positive tenant relations and build a sense of community
- Well developed customer service skills and ability to multi-task throughout the day
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency with administrative processes, computers (Word and Excel, Outlook) and a smart phone. Yardi experience an asset.
- A valid and clean driver’s license and have use of a personal vehicle
- Excellent task and time management skills
- Basic handyman skills and physically fit to perform minor maintenance
What our client offers:
Our client regularly reviews their compensation programs to maintain competitive base salaries and variable pay bonuses. They acknowledge progress of team members through merit pay increases and promotional opportunities. They offer a comprehensive benefit plan to support their employees’ health and wellbeing, and a matching RRSP plan to support their employee’s financial wellbeing. Their progressive education and training program also supports their employee’s career growth aspirations, and for those who enjoy giving back to the community they even offer paid time off for volunteering! They understand and know that the best team members work really hard, so they offer an open, flexible vacation plan to make sure their team members take as much time as they need to rest and recharge.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting position please email: