Here’s the corporate dribble HR made us put at the top of this ad listing: Acro Commerce is looking for a Project Manager for a 12-month contract with the possibility of becoming a permanent position, to drive our dynamic & interactive client projects.
That’s done. Now here’s what we really want. Some cool individual, who loves organization, wrapping the process around the client, has great listening & creative problem-solving skills, loves fast paced work environments, and can think on their feet. Our Project Managers NEVER say, “That can’t be done” – they take on the challenge and figure out how to make it work within the scope of the project. Win!
What we are looking for
Acro Commerce—an established web development and marketing agency—is looking for a confident and organized project manager with experience in directly managing people. As a successful candidate, you will:
- Manage 8-12 projects of various sizes and nature at any given time.
- Have the ability to make any client feel that they are our only client.
- Creative problem solver – this isn’t just an “HR-ism” we’re tossing onto the list. This is the primo function of this role. Have some way to prove this to us? Send it on over – we love extras.
- Prioritize down to an art; you will always have too much to do, what needs to be done first?
- Motivate a team of Web developers, software programmers, and graphic artists; organize their lives, their schedules, and their efficiency.
- Maximize efficiency and schedule adherence of the production department through collaboration with other project managers.
- On top of the details. You don’t roll your eyes at the paperwork. We need a thinker and a doer. It’s all hands on deck at Acro Commerce.
- Accountability through and through. We all make mistakes, we need a teammate who can own it, learn from it, and improve from it. No excuses. The blame game doesn’t fly around here.
Perfect for natural leaders who thrive on a heavy workload, this position carries the responsibility for ensuring that:
- All work is delivered within the established scope.
- All project costs stay within the allotted budget.
- Clients are kept up-to-date on project progress.
- All client expectations are set, managed and met.
- You want to be the owner of your project and your team and see everyone, including the client meet their goals.
- You want our company to meet its goals, and keep this front of mind when you make choices that impact the team. The bigger picture needs to be kept in the forefront.
- Costing projects, project setup and tracking, account billing and tracking, efficiency and scope monitoring. You have to deal with money!
- Coaching, directing, congratulating and disciplining the teammates working on your project. You’re the bus driver in production on the account, meaning that we look to you to guide the behavior of your team members; the fun stuff and the not-so-fun stuff about being in charge included.
Your other duties may include:
- Strategic planning and business development for existing accounts.
- Web development/creative brainstorming and planning.
- Wearing multiple hats – we don’t sit back around here and say, “not my job”. We get our hands dirty. So be prepared to multitask and jump from one duty to the next.
Your education and/or experience should include:
- Creative, business or marketing education – we’ve had GREAT Project Managers come to us with Psychology degrees, so if you’re the next Freud, send us your details —A particular degree/certificate is not necessarily important, depending on your experience, your motivation and your attitude
- Minimum 2 years experience in project management, OR
- 2 years of team leadership experience with people answering to you is a must. It’s up to the Project Manager to give feedback on the internal team and deliver tough messages at times. If you don’t have the stomach for the managerial side of business conversations, this may not work….
- Competent understanding of Web development and marketing. If you know a thing or two about eComm, we’d be extra excited.
- Fluency in English
- Ability to have difficult conversations with your team and your clients. In business, we have to use the dirty word “no”. A big part of being an effective Project Manager is knowing when to use this word, and how to deliver it gently.
- All offers of employment with Acro Commerce are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.
Evidence of one or more of the following may tip the odds in your favour:
- Experience with business and marketing analysis or strategic planning.
- Prior tenure with a Web development company.
- Understanding of marketing and brand management, SEO and or eComm
- A proven track record of launched, live, real projects!
Here are some things we pride ourselves on being able to offer our staff:
- Flex start times and earned days off: Do you prefer to start at 8:00? or 9:00? We’ll work with you. Want every second Friday off? Well, we’ve got a program for that too!
- Remote work: Flexibility is one of our core values, and so we understand that productivity is influenced by a healthy, rested mind. Each position at Acro Commerce can be done from the comfort of your home office, if you like, or if you would prefer to work from our Kelowna office, you can do that too, it’s a personal choice! Please note some of our client contracts require staff to be located in Canada, so while remote work is available, most positions require you to legally be able to work within Canada.
- Free stuff: If you prefer to work from our office HQ, located in Kelowna, we have the added extra of juice, pop, snacks, and coffee; choose your pleasure and enjoy.
- Slappies: Tougher to explain but once a month we get together and have a little ceremony, some food, and a laugh – no altars or corporate chants involved.
- Fun day: We aim to have fun every day; however, every year for a day we cram a bunch of fun on ourselves. Weee!
- SPARC Events: Sometimes we have a virtual happy hour, team building events, (less corny than it sounds), competitions, or just a plain little reward for no reason. It’s a little spark in our usually normal days. Warning, we sometimes make you wear costumes.
- Professional development: We might live and breathe software development, but we are also really passionate about our team’s personal development too. We love to learn, and are always striving to be the best version of ourselves; whether it’s training on the latest technology, or learning how to become a better delegator, we will help you improve your skills and hit your goals. We’ve revolutionized our remuneration structure, combining a tiered system with a skills matrix to empower your career growth. This innovative approach ensures that your compensation is directly tied to your skills and achievements, allowing you to chart your path to success. As you develop new abilities and reach milestones, you’ll advance through tiers and earn competitive rewards. Our transparent and merit-based system recognizes and rewards your dedication and growth potential, creating a dynamic and motivating work environment that encourages continuous learning and development.
- Culture: We’re a certain type of people. We’re all a little different and unique in our own way but we seem to work well together. No one’s perfect and we embrace that. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Check out our site to get to know us! Feel free to dissect what and how we do what we do.
- Employee stipend: Eligible employees can access an employee stipend account after 6 months of employment! This account allows our team members to purchase hardware, software, and training courses, it even allows for RRSP matching!
All careers come with a 30-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. If you are in any way unsatisfied with your career, we will return you to the workforce at absolutely NO COST to you (minus shipping and handling).
How to Apply
To apply please submit an application form here!