Our Kelowna branch is currently looking to add an enthusiastic project coordinator to our professional services consulting team. We are looking for a project coordinator that is keen to learn and engage on a range of activities that support administration and project delivery. Working alongside Project Leaders, our network of communications specialists and other administrative professionals, you will coordinate the preparation of proposals, reports, and other professional documents. You will also assist with the day-to-day financial and technical administration of projects.
Come put your professional and creative skills to work on our team while we serve our higher calling of spirit in service for vibrant communities!
Your day may include:
- Project and Contract Support – proactively support the coordination of projects throughout all phases from initiation to completion. This may include tracking project schedules, drafting documents, expense entry and tracking, project correspondence and keeping all information and records consistently organized and accessible for Project Managers’ review in anticipation of project achievements. You will be involved in all aspects of contract administration when vital, including formal document preparation, tendering, execution, obtaining paperwork, preparing progress draws, issuing standard letters, communicating with project partners and coordinating other administrative details.
- Financial Administration – track established budgets and provide regular updates to Project Managers; coordinate sub-consultant billings and assist with client billings including preparation of draft invoices and collaborating closely with the accounting department. Utilize various reporting tools as well as create additional financial reports as required by individual Project Managers. Support for invoice coding, tracking, and support in follow-up on delinquent accounts.
- Team Coordination – track team schedules to monitor project status and milestone dates: monitor existing and projected workloads for resource allocation, coordinate team meetings; take meeting minutes and follow-up on action items; collaborate closely with the team regarding branch and companywide administrative and quality system procedures, coordinate meetings and provide administrative support to team members as required.
- Proposal Coordination/Support – Research, monitor and coordinate the proposal process from monitoring new opportunities and supporting a shared understanding of RFP requirements, to getting all the details together for submission.
- Correspondence and Document Production – draft and write project correspondence with minimal instruction; use a variety of software to create correspondence, reports, proposals, presentations, schedules and budgets. Develop knowledge of the quality system and collaborate closely with team members to ensure that protocols and standards are being met in terms of project administration/management, documentation, peer review, etc.
- Quality Management – Develop knowledge of the quality system and collaborate closely with team members to ensure that protocols and standards are being met in terms of project administration/management, documentation, peer review, proofreading etc.
The ideal candidate for this position will have 2-5 years of experience in a professional office environment in a similar capacity would be preferred.
Are you a proactive and energetic self-starter committed to providing outstanding service? Are you eager to learn new things, work with a diverse group of people while maintaining a positive attitude under pressure and competing deadlines? Does this list reflect your skills, strengths and abilities?
- Super user of MS Word and Excel, technically proficient and experienced generally with Microsoft Office with an ability to produce visually appealing materials.
- Adaptable and Flexible – you maintain a positive outlook and respond well to change, as a natural occurrence of any business. You approach issues and obstacles with an open mind and discover creative solutions to problems as they arise.
- Energy and Stress – you can handle a great deal of requests from multiple sources, run with challenging and sometimes vague assignments with composure. Interruptions, and distractions don’t get you down. You fuel the energy in the people around you.
- Service Orientation – you thrive when you get to help and support. A great day is when you are able to meet the needs of others and jump in where needed. You are driven by a desire to learn more about processes, people or issues by asking questions and seeking information.
- Quality Orientation – you complete tasks while staying mindful of all aspects involved regardless of magnitude, reviewing workload and processes while maintaining your attention to detail.
Urban Systems is an employee-owned interdisciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have over four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous communities, agencies, and private sector organizations. We have a team of approximately 600 professionals across Western Canada that is committed to helping build vibrant communities.
Our Commitment to You
Are you looking for a meaningful challenge and to create impact in your community? Join a tight-knit team of professionals at Urban Systems and be part of our mission to build vibrant communities across Canada. Here’s what you can expect as part of our team:
- Competitive Compensation. Your skills and contributions are valued. You’ll receive competitive compensation, extended health, dental, vision care coverage, and more.
- Flexible Work Environment. You have a life outside of work! We offer flexibility in your work environment to help you do your best work and meet your commitments.
- Paid Time Off. We understand the importance of taking time off to recharge and spend time with loved ones! Enjoy 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, in addition to statutory days off throughout the year.
- Saving for the Future. To help you achieve your long-term financial goals, we offer a Long-Term Matching Program to match your contributions to an RRSP or TSFA.
- Learn and Grow. Your professional growth & development is supported here. You are encouraged to take initiative and shape your career through coaching, in-house learning, technical courses, and more.
- Work with Inter-Disciplinary Teams. Amazing things happen when you mix creativity, curiosity, teamwork, and a strong desire to collaborate and innovate. You will be part of diverse, inter-disciplinary teams to deliver important work for our clients and their communities.
- Beautiful Office. Do your best work in office spaces designed with your needs in mind. Each of our 15 offices has its own unique personality and design.
- Create Lasting Community Impact. 98% of Urban Systems employees believe that the work we do is important. Join a team of like-minded leaders and work together to bring impactful community projects to life!
How to Apply
If this describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn’t describe you exactly but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity among our teams lead to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, January 31, 2023, at 9:00 am PST