Imagine coming in to work knowing the product you’re designing helps identify and rescue vulnerable kids. Imagine an environment where you’re witnessing the daily impact of your creation because you battle on the front-line, side-by-side, with leaders in education who share your desire to defend children.
Our Product Owner will be responsible for gaining an intense understanding of the education business so we’re not only able to deliver the things they need, but the things they didn’t know they needed. This requires mastery over listening, asking insightful questions, and meticulously organizing and prioritizing feedback from all stakeholders.
The successful candidate will make data-driven priority decisions based on the effort, impact, and timeline requirements. Working together with our community of educators, they will demonstrate calm, confident decision making about the short-term and long-term development of our products.
- Will serve as a representative of our school board customers by teaching the development team the value proposition behind various teachers and breaking them down into stories that are “ready” for a developer to pull
- Will help develop testing stories and acceptance criteria for new features to ensure a largely bug-free experience for our end users
- Groom and prioritize the backlog and share that information with our community
- Investigate reported defects and bugs in features and prioritize corrective action in accordance with our service level agreement
- Track progress towards releases using burn down charts
- Investigate new feature opportunities in collaboration with our sales and marketing teams
- Developing clear and concise technical documentation on features and making that available to our sales and marketing team as well as the more technical members of our school board community
- Ensuring new features are rolled out successfully to our school board community
- Identifying risks in timelines and reporting those to stakeholders
- Evaluating competitive solutions and preparing summaries for the executive team and members of our advisory board of directors
- Leading our community and product webinars by unveiling new features and guiding our developers through their presentations
- Assisting with escalated product support and product training (both internal and external)
- Ability to remain calm under pressure – education has a lot of peaks and valleys that require a careful balance of time and preparation
- Being readily available to the development team to answer functional questions about features
- Exceptional organizational skills and extraordinary attention to the details average people miss
- Strong arbitration and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills and a desire to make real connections with people
- Professional training in product ownership or project management are strong assets
- Strong understanding of the product development lifecycle
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle and Agile project management
- Although our team works remotely and most meetings and training are handled online, there are times where this role may require on-site travel for extended periods
- Previous experience with K-12 education is an asset
- You can offer an insightful opinion about what you believe would happen in a battle between Darth Vader and Gandalf the White (theoretically speaking, of course)
- Competitive remuneration
- Fully remote role lets you live and play where you want
- Great benefits through your own personal health spending account
- 3 weeks of vacation time + flex time during Christmas break week
- Equity opportunity through incubators
- You must be eligible to work in Canada
- At least 1-3 years of experience in a product oriented role or 3-5 years of experience with project coordination with a desire to move into product management (our CTO is a certified Agile coach and can help you achieve a product owner designation)
- A very entrepreneurial spirit
How to Apply
Drop us a CV and cover letter.
We don’t use those *pesky* applicant tracking systems, so don’t worry about keyword optimizing. Just tell us why you think your experiences would make you an amazing master over our product portfolio.
Just send us an email at: