Our team at Platinum have another great opportunity working with an industry leading client within the custom home building and modular structures industry. With over 20 years of experience in the industry they have set themselves up as one of the go-to custom home builders and modular structure manufacturers in the Interior of BC with projects found in residential, commercial, and industrial areas across the province.
With the on-going success our client continues to have, they are looking to expand their team further with another Payroll & Benefits Administrator!
The Payroll & Benefits Administrator is responsible for full cycle payroll and benefits administration, across the company and is responsible for all data entry and reconciliation required to support the accurate, on time delivery of bi-weekly payroll and benefits administration.
- Perform the entire bi-weekly payroll cycle in ADP for 2 related companies, which include employees who are salaried, hourly and commission based, accurately and on time.
- Enter and verify all job costing time sheets, attendance sheets and personnel transactions such as new hires, terminations, leave of absences, benefits deductions, garnishments, etc.
- Prepare, maintain, and provide payroll reports, including but not limited to length of service lists, vacation entitlement and accruals, and sick time, in support of business decisions.
- Identify and resolve all payroll discrepancies.
- Reconcile and prepare year end tax forms T4’s, T4A’s, including all required adjustments and remittances.
- Complete monthly and year end reconciliations and remittances relating to Provincial and Federal taxes withholdings.
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate and comprehensive personnel records required to support audit requirements and balancing.
- Ensure new hires and terminations are entered and ROE’s are provided in line with required legislative timelines.
- Act as the first point of contact for employees for all benefit-related issues.
- Administer employee benefits programs, including processing new applications and changes of information and reconciliation of invoices against deductions.
- Identify and recommend changes to improve processes and efficiency.
- Provide support to the Controller with account reconciliations, journal entries and other related financial tasks as required.
- Provide back up to AP and AR in the event of vacation.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all documentation.
- Assist with the documentation and orientation of new employees.
- Stay up to date with relevant legislation and compliance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of, or working towards, PCP certification.
- 3+ years experience processing in house payroll and benefits.
- Knowledge of BC Employment Standards requirements and legislation.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Prior experience with ADP considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proven time management and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and MS Project.
- High attention to detail with strong commitment to confidentiality and accuracy of information.
How to Apply
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, then please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org