Who we are:
Located 15 minutes from Penticton, we are a busy manufacturing company based in beautiful Okanagan Falls, BC. Unit Electrical Engineering (UEE) designs and manufactures standard and custom electrical power, distribution and control equipment for mining, renewable energy, oil & gas, commercial & industrial and transportation all around the world.
Our employees are our most valuable asset, and the Company understands the need for work life balance by being flexible for appointments and family time. We also have an active social committee focused on fun and inclusion.
This position is not remote.
UEE recognizes the importance of investing in the education and development of our employees. We encourage and offer support through our Career Development program.
UEE is looking for a Payroll Administrator to join our Accounting team. You will be responsible for the administration and processing of our bi-weekly payroll for approx. 115 union and salaried employees. This is a 1.5-year, full-time temporary position with the possibility of permanent employment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package
- 100% employer paid benefits
- Company matched pension plan
- Career advancement opportunities
- Paid education and training.
- Flexibility for work life balance
- Full cycle bi-weekly payroll processing for union and salaried employees
- Reconciling, preparing and submitting all Union, Worksafe and government remittances.
- Ensure that all salaries & wages are paid accurately and in a timely fashion to all company(s) employees.
- Issuing records of employment.
- Year end and T-4’s.
- Generate/reconcile bi-weekly payroll reports and operation labour reports.
- Prepare other payroll related reports when needed.
- Respond to payroll inquiries from employees.
- Implement salary/wage increases, bonuses, commissions, etc. in accordance with instructions given.
- Maintain employee files, spreadsheets, and update employee information.
- Reconciliation and payments of benefits and pension contributions.
- Provide detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Managing vacation calendar, leave requests and tracking of vacation for all employees in spreadsheets and Outlook Calendar.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of all payroll and accounting information.
- Maintain employee files and master spreadsheet.
- Minimum 2 years accounting & payroll experience.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner Certificate an asset.
- Experience with union employees and collective agreements.
- A good understanding of federal and provincial regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CRA Payroll deduction calculations and BC Employment Standards.
- Experience with Epicor ERP system preferred.
- Experience with 3rd party payroll providers specifically Ceridian Dayforce an asset.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Goal oriented, focused, ability to prioritize and make deadlines is essential.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
UEE is committed to:
- Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. A work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
- Building and preserving a safe. respectable working environment for all its employees
How to Apply
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org