Springfield Funeral Home is currently seeking an additional part-time professional Administrative Assistant/Receptionist for Friday and Saturday coverage. Proudly serving the Okanagan Valley for over 30 years, Springfield Funeral Home has developed a reputation for compassionate, caring service with a warm, personal touch. LoveHR is pleased to assist in the process.
The administrative side is responsible for accurately maintaining the appointment schedule, directing calls and web-based messages as appropriate, and providing administrative support to our Funeral Directors and other employees as needed. The reception aspect of the role serves as an ambassador to the organization, greeting and welcoming family members and directing them to the proper individual or destination within the facility. As the initial person people encounter at the Funeral Home either in person or by phone, high professionalism and superb people skills are essential to succeed in this role.
In addition to the above, our Administrative Assistant/Receptionist will possess the following skills and attributes:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role working for a professional, reputable organization
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and a typing speed of 40-65 wpm (Adobe, Photoshop and Illustrator would also be an asset)
- Works well as part of a team
- Warm, welcoming personality and phone manner
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Impeccable communication and active listening skills
- Commitment to always presenting themselves in a professional manner
- Strong organizational skills including prioritization and effective time management
- Conservative business attire is required
- Able to work in a fast-paced, busy environment while prioritizing requests
- Reliable, dependable and self-motivated
- A genuine desire to serve those in need
How to Apply
If you would like to be part of a caring team helping families, please apply online by submitting your resume and cover letter: https://lovehr.recruitee.com/o/parttime-administratorreceptionist
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.