If you’re a self-starter who is motivated by providing top-notch service and support, our Kamloops branch is looking for someone to join us as an Office Coordinator for a 1-year parental leave. Do you like changing from task to task throughout your day? Can you stay calm in the face of changing priorities while keeping a welcoming and upbeat tone? If organization is your mainstay, you are energized working with lots of different people and you have some know-how in MS Office, let’s connect!
This is a full-time role, and you will play a key part of supporting our Urban Systems community and put your skills to work to assist our business in the following ways:
- Meeting and event coordination: coordinate meetings, room bookings, catering requests, and staff functions
- Travel coordination: be a main point of contact for all things travel related in our office
- Financial coordination: support our accounting processes like Visa reconciliation, bank deposits, invoice coding, expense approval, petty cash management and reconciliation, and general office purchases
- Operational and premises support: keep up on our office supplies, arrange for couriers/ mail, keep common areas organized and looking good, manage equipment bookings and other office errands, help with security and office orientations and work with our landlord to keep the office in tip-top shape
- Project support: support project leaders and teams with administrative tasks and prepare, format, edit and proofread visually appealing proposals, correspondence, documents, graphics, and presentations as needed.
Our ideal candidate will be a proactive and energetic self-starter who is committed to providing outstanding service both to our internal team of over 100 people and to Urban Systems’ clients. A graduate of a relevant post-secondary program (e.g., office administration) with at least one year of experience in a professional office environment in a similar capacity would be preferred. Essential skills and abilities for this role are:
- Working with people gets you energized – you enjoy building relationships and rapport with different types of people
- It’s natural for you to build an understanding of what people need and how you can help them
- You like being in service – supporting the needs of others efficiently and effectively makes you happy
- You like change – adapting and responding to changing conditions, priorities and technologies doesn’t get you flustered
- Collaborative – you genuinely enjoy working cooperatively and effectively to reach a common goal
- Growth mindset – you see your progress as incremental and you want to learn and grow over time
- MS Office is your thing – you enjoy working in Word, Outlook and Excel
- Numbers don’t scare you – you have basic knowledge and aptitude for financial administration and accounting principles
- You like to work hard but you know how to have fun in your work too
How to Apply
If this describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity among our teams lead to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, May 4th 2022 at 9:00 am PDT