If you want to work with an exceptional group of people, with numerous benefits and a terrific corporate culture—you are on the right page.
Acro Media is looking for skilled Software Developers, someone who can code like it’s their native tongue, but still talk to our crew comfortably and sometimes even the odd client.
We consider ourselves a laid-back bunch but driven to do well for our customers. We’re looking for low egos and high skills. What we’re really looking for is your ability to code and willingness to take on new challenges that you can apply your skills to and come up with creative solutions.
We aren’t looking to stick you in a corner with headphones on and call you “the IT department”. Developers own this joint; we get it. If you’re desperate to break free from that office life where your co-workers have never even heard of Minecraft, and want to come on board to build kick-ass commerce sites, corporate gems, and the occasional game, keep reading.
As the successful candidate, here are some things you’ll be responsible for:
***Must be able to provide example work***
Producing high quality work adhering to Acro Media standards and following the Acro Media production process
Implementing updates & revisions to Nodejs applications.
Working on multiple smaller tasks or larger builds with shifting priorities to meet deadlines
Adhering to estimates for the amount of time required to repair a defect, a build, or to add additional functionality to an existing application
Providing efficient solutions in a timely manner for work requests, issues, and defects
Communicating well with Account Managers, Supervisors, and Clients in regards to work requests, problems and defects
Acting as both a peer/mentor to other Developers as well as be comfortable asking for help from team members
The successful applicant will have:
- Ability to find and fix problems in code, this might not be your code and your only hint might be a cryptic complaint from a client.
- We’re open to good programmers who know other languages and technologies and are will to learn, but below is a list of a bunch of stuff you will specifically be working with:
- Nodejs/Typescript, Express, Socket.io
- React & Next.js
- Design systems, Figma, Material UI etc.
- Dockerized local development environment
- API’s, JSON-API, JSON-LD, GraphQL, REST
- Functional components, context providers, reducers, SSR and SWR
- Apollo, Redux, Recoil, Memoization
- Authentication (Oauth, LDAP, SAML)
- Comfortable working in a Linux shell to do day-to-day tasks. Hopefully, you have installed Linux on something at least once, even if it was just your Xbox, phone…or vacuum etc. (For real though, you can get Linux installed on a Roomba)
- Prior experience with a source control system (ex, SVN, Git, GitHub, etc.)
- We do a lot of work with Big Commerce, if you have prior experience with BC and their App ecosystem, be sure to let us know!
- Formal education or prior experience is NOT required, we just want to know that you can code, so you’ll have to have some work you can show us.
- An excellent internet connection is required; you must be able to sustain an hour long conference call without any issues
- All offers of employment with Acro Media Inc are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check.
Here are some things we pride ourselves on being able to offer our staff:
- Flex start times & Earned days off: Do you prefer to start at 8:00? or 9:00? We’ll work with you. Want every second Friday off? Well we’ve got a program for that too!
- Remote work: Flexibility is one of our core values, and so we understand that productivity is influenced by a healthy, rested mind. Each position at Acro Media can be done from the comfort of your home office, if you like, or if you would prefer to work from our Kelowna office, you can do that too, it’s a personal choice! Please note some of our client contracts require staff to be located in Canada, so while remote work is available, most positions require you to legally be able to work within Canada.
- Free stuff: If you prefer to work from our office HQ, located in Kelowna, we have the added extra of juice, pop, snacks and coffee; choose your pleasure and enjoy.
- Slappies: Tougher to explain but once a month we get together and have a little ceremony, some food and a laugh – no altars or corporate chants involved.
- Fun day: We aim to have fun every day; however, every year for a day we cram a bunch of fun on ourselves. Weee!
- SPARC Events: Sometimes we have a virtual happy hour, team building events, (less corny than it sounds), competitions, or just a plain little reward for no reason. It’s a little spark in our usually normal days. Warning, we make you wear costumes. Often.
- Professional development: We might live and breathe software development, but we are also really passionate about our team’s personal development too. We love to learn, and are always striving to be the best version of ourselves; whether it’s training on the latest technology, or learning how to become a better delegator, we will help you improve your skills and hit your goals.
- Culture: We’re a certain type of people. We’re all a little different and unique in our own way but we seem to work well together. No one’s perfect and we embrace that. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Check out our site to get to know us! Feel free to dissect what and how we do what we do.
You will be responsible for contributing code back to the Drupal community, testing and responding to issues, maintaining modules.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply, please send an application through here!