For over thirty years, Valid has built a reputation as a world-class innovator in high-tech manufacturing. By focusing on exceptional quality and customer service, we develop strong relationships and partnerships with really great companies jointly creating really great products.
Valid designs, engineers, and manufactures innovative and reliable solutions for a wide range of industries. Our reputation has been built on delivering robust products that are always backed by our exceptional 24/7 customer support. Our commitment to quality, and our philosophy that great customer service starts with employees who are valued and appreciated, are constantly moving us forward.
Valid is searching for a Mechanical Designer who is responsible for the design & development of new products as well as the support of existing product lines. This role manages several projects simultaneously and is responsible for the overall success of projects, all while developing long-term relationships with customers and interacting closely with other departments within the company.
- Supports existing product lines. Does modifications to existing products according to customer’s specific needs.
- Reviews customer’s order requirements and ensures all information required exists for the manufacture of the products.
- Develops new designs for new product lines according to customers’ specific needs.
- Communicates regularly with manufacturing. Ensures that designs are as cost-effective as possible.
- Production and maintenance of all fabrication drawings.
- Ensures accuracy of the bill of materials (BOM) and fabrication procedures.
- Gains knowledge of customer manufacturing processes to support decision-making.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-orientated, well organized, and have good troubleshooting skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to deal with setbacks.
- Ability to lead a team; take responsibility and initiative for the success of a project and work effectively with others involved.
- Open to positive and constructive feedback.
- Ability to take input from a range of sources and incorporate them into the best design possible.
- Ability to make quick decisions.
- Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma or Engineering Degree.
- Previous Solidworks work experience.
- Good working knowledge of design tables and sheet metal parts.
- Solid knowledge of the MRP system.
- Must have intermediate computer skills with MS Office, MS Project, file management etc.
- Experience in the design of weldments, machined parts, and sheet metal parts is an asset.
- Experience in relative costing of various manufacturing processes is an asset.
- Office environment.
- Must adhere to all safety practices and procedures and work in a safe manner at all times.
- Receives moderate supervision with less frequent direction and review of the work performed.
Why Consider Valid?
- Work with a team of skilled individuals who will recognize you for your knowledge, skill, enthusiasm, and passion for your role in our organization
- Work in a comfortable environment that allows you to get the job done while ensuring that you maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Support for your personal and professional development needs
- Salmon Arm is a great, centrally located, affordable community that offers a wide range of activities for all ages
- Competitive salary, benefits, and pension plan
How to Apply
Reflective of the community we work in, Valid recognizes that work/life balance is important. At Valid, we will keep you interested and rewarded while at work, and we are committed to ensuring that this is a company and career you will want to grow with!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com introducing yourself and telling us why you think you are a good fit with us here at Valid. Please note that all applications are treated in strict confidence.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about us, please go to www.validmfg.com.