Who we are
Located 15 minutes from Penticton, we are a busy manufacturing company based in beautiful Okanagan Falls, BC. Unit Electrical Engineering (UEE) designs and manufactures standard and custom electrical power, distribution and control equipment for mining, renewable energy, oil & gas, commercial & industrial and transportation all around the world.
Our employees are our most valuable asset, and the Company understands the need for work life balance by being flexible for appointments, family time and offering hybrid remote work if needed. We also have an active social committee focused on fun and inclusion.
This position requires you to be in the office.
UEE recognizes the importance of investing in the education and development of our employees. We encourage and offer support through our Career Development program
UEE is looking for a Mechanical Designer to join our Engineering team. Strong 3D modelling experience (Inventor preferred) and a Mechanical Technologist Diploma are required. You will be responsible for designing switchgear, e-houses, junction boxes and substations.
What we Offer
- Competitive salary package
- 100% employer paid benefits
- Company matched pension plan
- Career advancement opportunities
- Paid education and training
- Flexibility for work life balance
- Specialize in the mechanical design of electrical switchgear, industrial power & control equipment and modular buildings and substations.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of company engineering standards and procedures.
- Conduct design review and recommend acceptance or rejection of completed designs.
- Improve operations, reduce turnaround times, and optimize designs & processes to provide seamless quality of engineering services.
- Verify and validate engineering designs.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Shop Floor, Applications, Purchasing, IT, etc.) to ensure project success.
- Ensure that designs are safe, efficient, effective, and able to be manufactured.
- Evaluate various mechanical products under consideration for purchase to determine their efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Recommend improvements to current design of products.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Projects under the direction of the Engineering Manager as required.
- Interface with the electrical engineering department to ensure seamless integration between mechanical and electrical aspects of the design.
- Responsible for guiding shop personnel with fabrication & assembly of completed designs
- Mechanical Technologist diploma is required.
- 3D mechanical design & drafting (Autodesk Inventor).
- Minimum 2 years of relevant design experience.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD is considered an asset.
- Competent in MS Word and Excel.
- Previous steel design experience preferred.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into equipment to ensure that the organization is meeting its high-quality goals and objectives.
- The skills necessary to communicate and collaborate effectively with multiple departments.
- Competence in designing according to ISO 9001 standards.
- Exceptional grasp of diverse, fundamental mechanical engineering concepts and relationships.
- Highly motivated and self-directed individual capable of multi-tasking, with minimal supervision
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents.
- Positive team attitude is a must.
- Attention to detail is crucial.
- Goal oriented, focused, ability to prioritize and make deadlines is essential.
UEE is committed to:
- Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. A work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
- Building and preserving a safe. respectable working environment for all its employees
How to Apply
Please email resumes to email@example.com