Unit Electrical Engineering Ltd. is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer. We require a positive, team-oriented individual with strong verbal and written communication skills. You will be working for an industry leader in the design and manufacture of electrical power and control equipment and be responsible for designing various electrical and mechanical equipment using applied knowledge of engineering principles. This will include mechanical design of products such as medium voltage switchgear (metal-enclosed, metal-clad and arc resistant), electrical control panels, e-houses and other mechanical/electrical equipment.
Unit Electrical Engineering Ltd. offers a competitive salary package, 100% employer paid benefits, matched pension plan and career advancement opportunities.
- Specialize in the mechanical design of electrical switchgear, industrial power & control equipment and modular buildings and substations.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of company engineering standards and procedures.
- Conduct design review and recommend acceptance or rejection of completed designs.
- Improve operations, reduce turnaround times, and optimize designs & processes to provide seamless quality of engineering services.
- Verify and validate engineering designs.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Shop Floor, Applications, Purchasing, IT, etc.) to ensure project success.
- Ensure that designs are safe, efficient, effective, and able to be manufactured.
- Evaluate various mechanical products under consideration for purchase to determine their efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Recommend improvements to current design of products.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Projects under the direction of the Engineering Manager as required.
- Interface with the electrical engineering department to ensure seamless integration between mechanical and electrical aspects of the design.
- Responsible for guiding shop personnel with fabrication & assembly of completed designs
- Technologist diploma in mechanical engineering
- 3D mechanical design & drafting (Autodesk Inventor)
- Minimum 1 year of relevant design experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is considered an asset
- Competent in MS Word and Excel
- Previous steel design experience preferred
- Ability to integrate new technologies into equipment to ensure that the organization is meeting its high-quality goals and objectives
- The skills necessary to communicate and collaborate with multiple departments spanning multiple disciplines
- Competence in designing according to ISO 9001 standards
- Exceptional grasp of diverse, fundamental mechanical engineering concepts and relationships
- Highly motivated and self-directed individual capable of multi-tasking, with minimal supervision
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Attention to detail and a desire to learn and accept feedback is crucial
UEE is committed to:
- Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. A work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
- Building and preserving a safe. respectable working environment for all its employees
How to Apply
uee.com / hr