Wanted: Machine Technician/Supervisor
Does the idea of making a positive impact on the planet while being part of a high-performance team excite you? If so, we’re looking for you!
- Are driven by pride in your work and the contribution you can make on a team
- Enjoy coming to work in a shop atmosphere
- Appreciate a good debate, even with your boss
- Figure out how to fix it instead of who is to blame
- Are excited about building empowered teams
- Have pulled recyclables out of the trash
- Believe we do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children
- Work to protect and restore the environment
- Aren’t afraid to make mistakes as long as we learn
- Care about sustainable manufacturing practices and making products domestically
- Are committed to creating team dynamics that create empowerment vs. entitlement
Our Core Values:
- Commit to a culture that builds a strong COMMUNITY
- Foster CREATIVITY to inspire fresh innovation
- Embrace COURAGE by taking action despite uncertainty
- Live with Awareness and CONSCIOUSNESS of our choices
We are seeking an experienced Injection Moulding Process Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate will have multiple years of experience in setting up and maintaining injection moulding machines, as well as experience with troubleshooting and resolving issues that may arise during the production process. In addition, they are willing to train, support and supervise the team in finding new ways to increase efficiency and reduce machine downtime.
Teamwork and adaptability will be critical to success. Meeting deadlines and delivering on promises nurtures your soul.
- Ensuring that the injection molding process is set up correctly and operating at optimal efficiency.
- Monitoring production output and quality to ensure that production targets are met and that parts meet customer specifications.
- Operating an injection machine to assist in production.
- Supervise and train manufacturing staff, familiarize them with SOP including machine startup, operation of machine, phone case demolding techniques, minor processing adjustments, handling and quality assurance of product after demolding, shut down, etc. all with an emphasis on safety.
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise during production, including identifying and resolving mechanical, electrical, and quality issues.
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing Manager to schedule and perform tool setups to optimally meet demand. Participate in discussions on mould tooling.
- Performing regular maintenance and repairs on the injection molding machines to prevent downtime and maintain their performance.
- Monitor regrind inventories and utilize them for production subject to dryer availability in an effort to reduce manufacturing costs and manage regrind inventories.
Participate in receiving, uncrating, and preparation of new tools as they arrive. Tools generally arrive with a rust preventative shipping grease that has been applied to all surfaces. All slides and other moving parts including cavity and core surfaces must be completely removed, cleaned, lubricated where required and reassembled prior to being put into production. Cooling and hydraulic fittings are also added to connect with our machinery.
- Keep adequate inventory of lubricants, hydraulic and coolant fittings, and miscellaneous common wear item spare parts.
- Implementing and enforcing safety protocols and best practices in the workplace.
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies and techniques in the injection molding industry.
- Promote and be creative in continuous improvement and cost savings.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-10 years experience setting up & running injection molds
- Experience with tools and measuring devices
- Education within the field would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with Haitain and/or Battenfeld injection moulding machines, various materials, and injection processes
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to mentor and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet production goals.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing concepts and practices
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and regulations
- Reasonable English skills for training and safety
- Physically fit and able to stand for extended periods, lift, bend, turn, etc.
Commitment to Diversity:
Pela is committed to cultivating and preserving a company culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We know that we will grow and learn better with a diverse team. When recruiting for new members of our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, and sexual orientation.
Salary: $55,000 – $70,000 per year
How to Apply
Apply at https://boards.greenhouse.io/pelacasecorp/jobs/5829694003