Imagine Everything develops software that helps identify at-risk kids in addition to assisting with student planning, records management, websites, visitor entry, and more. The education space is filled with passionate and creative people, it’s our privilege to work with and support them, as it’s also our privilege to work with people like you to design and build great solutions.
Our Junior Support Developer will be responsible for working directly with school boards to investigate issues at a technical level, provide feedback to the rest of the development team, and provide quality assurance related testing. This is a junior level position making it a great opportunity to learn and grow your skills with full stack development, high scalability SAAS based architecture, or DevOps. Success requires delivering timely and personal responses to school boards while ensuring every one of our education partners maintains their grin like a kid in a candy store.
As part of this role, you can expect to be:
- Working directly with school boards over email, phone, and video conference to investigate and triage issues as well as provide code-level support for challenges that may be simple to solve
- Investigating issues at a code-level and provide feedback to developers about possible reasons why an issue may be occurring (you may get funny memes, unusual, but overall happy emojis, or encouraging hero-like remarks over Slack if you happen to solve any of them)
- Providing quality assurance services for both the product and development team and contributing UX or acceptance feedback based on your testing
- Advocating on behalf of our school boards to ensure timely responses to all incidents (think Tom Cruise in “A Few Good Men”)
- Writing clear, concise, and consistent documentation about issues, areas for product improvement based on trending support patterns, and making additions to our product manuals that can alleviate support
- Constantly working to automate support by providing quality documentation, videos, or any other means that allow school boards to self-serve when it comes to common questions or troubleshooting about our technology
- Working outside set parameters and innovating and improving your area of the organization by exploiting autonomy and critical thinking
- Learning about the CI/CD process, how to deploy new features in progressive SAAS-based technology stack, and how our technology is deployed across cloud-based computing infrastructure such as AWS and Azure (we provide time and resources to expand your development knowledge)
We have a few expectations.
In order to succeed, you’ll need to have:
- Entry-level experience designing and implementing full-stack software solutions; as a junior position, post secondary and bootcamps qualify as experience provided you are comfortable working with front-end frameworks like React, Angular, or Vue as well as setting up or interfacing with REST API’s on stacks such as Node/Express, Golang/Gin, Scala/Play, etc.
- Familiarity with common development IDE’s and database tools as well as writing and executing raw queries using SQL (or ORM’s if you prefer to build reports or aggregate data at a code level)
- Extraordinary writing and speaking skills that focus on a consultative, collaborative tone when diagnosing and solving problems, including the ability to negotiate and arbitrate successful outcomes with school boards
- The ability to work as a team and an individual when given high levels of autonomy and flexibility, especially knowing we are a fully remote work environment that focuses on measurable results rather than “clock punching”
- A strong willingness to learn; you will be expected to develop and maintain your own learning plan (with help and supervision) as well as leverage company resources to grow your familiarity with either full stack development or DevOps related tasks
- An eager and a fearless attitude when approaching new technologies
- At least 10 years of Star Wars hermeneutics or equivalent sci-fi background (let’s just say you don’t want to trip up on a case of mistaken identity by calling Plagueis a Jedi in a team full of space loving developers)
How to Apply
Please drop us a cover letter and CV at the email indicated below. We do not use ATS and so we encourage you to be creative with your submission!