BAR is seeking a Junior Structural Engineer to join our Okanagan Office in Vernon, BC.
About the Position
This position assists with executing structural engineering and building envelope analysis and design functions on both existing and new sturctures. This involves the development of structural analysis and designs for Commercial, Industrial and Residential type structures. More specifically, your duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in project design problem solving within the design team.
- Prepare engineering deliverables under the direction of senior staff.
- Prepare structural design of buildings, foundations, slabs-on-grade and miscellaneous structural components utilizing a variety of materials such as structural steel, reinforced concrete, cold-formed steel and wood.
- Consider other building systems, such as mechanical and building envelope, during the design process. Assist with building envelope design reviews.
- Collaborate with drafting technicians to develop construction drawings.
- Ensure designs conform designs to applicable codes, standards, regulations and client/company standards.
- Conduct field activities such as general reviews during construction as well as structural condition assessments.
- Prepare reports, design calculations and drawings.
- Provide technical assistance and support to clients & contractors during construction and startup of projects.
About the Candidate
You will need a team player with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering degree with a Structural Engineering focus. The candidate must be registered or eligible for registration as an E.I.T. with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
Our Engineers are/have:
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of industry standards and codes.
- Able to work independently.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Able to work efficiently and cooperatively with colleagues.
- Well developed analytical skills.
- A hands-on approach to problem-solving.
- An eagerness to learn.
- Valid driver’s licence with clean driver’s abstract.
- Hands on construction experience is always an asset.
BAR Engineering offers competitive salary, benefits package, relocation allowance, flexible work schedule, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.