Greenspace is transforming mental health systems by improving the way that care is accessed, measured and delivered. We are looking for a Software Developer to join our Engineering team to help deliver key product improvements across our solutions.
Our Measurement Platform enables mental health providers and organizations to implement consistent evidence-based measurement into their practice. Our Intake Module facilitates a more effective referral into mental health and addictions services. Our Population Health solution provides mental health support directly to individuals in various settings. We recently helped develop and launch Wellness Together Canada – a major initiative funded by Health Canada to provide virtual mental health and substance use support for all Canadians.
Responsibilities and Key Skills
- Develop and ship new features and incremental improvements to our web-based platform in a continuous integration environment.
- Collaborate daily with a cross-functional scrum team and participate in all stages of the development process through sprint ceremonies such as sprint planning, sprint reviews, retrospectives and daily standups.
- Become an active participant in a collaborative development environment including code reviews, pair/mob programming sessions, and technical discussions.
- Understanding of relational databases such as PostgreSQL and/or MySQL.
- Solve problems across all areas of the business, breaking down large, complex problems into manageable components and translating them to the best solutions. Effectively triage, debug and resolve production issues and customer requests.
- Ability to write clean and maintainable code in a large codebase, good grasp of object-oriented programming and other software patterns.
We are a startup, which means that you will get a lot of responsibility and have an opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development and growth of the product. We are passionate about improving the quality of mental health care and improving the lives of millions of people. We believe in a collaborative work environment where everyone’s view carries equal weight. Good ideas are good ideas and it doesn’t matter whether they come from the CEO or the newest employee. Learn more about our culture on our website.
We believe that diversity makes our organization stronger and we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Greenspace recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes employees regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
- Healthy work/life balance – we recognize that building a startup is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Tight-knit collaborative work environment where we work in teams rather than siloed individuals.
- Flexible hybrid-remote environment with physical hubs in Kelowna, Vancouver and Toronto.
- Ongoing mentorship, coaching and personal development opportunities from experienced team members or external resources.
- Generous vacation and comprehensive benefits package, including paid parental leave.
How to Apply
Please send your resume/profile and cover letter to Mike Lerner at firstname.lastname@example.org.