Our mission at Greenspace is to empower mental health service providers and users with the technology, tools and insights they need to transform the way that services are accessed, measured and delivered. We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join our growing team and help deliver key product improvements on our Wellness Together Canada solution.
About Wellness Together Canada
Wellness Together Canada is a major initiative funded by Health Canada to provide virtual mental health and substance use support for all Canadians. The Wellness Together Canada solution is powered by Greenspace’s technology and delivered in partnership with Stepped Care Solutions, Homewood Health, and Kids Help Phone.
As a Junior Full-Stack Developer, you will work as part of a cross-functional development team in an agile environment, and help improve the the cross-platform Wellness Together Canada solution, including our web and mobile iOS and Android apps. Your work will directly impact the lives of millions of users who access Wellness Together Canada each year.
What you’ll do
- Develop and ship new features and improvements to our web-based platform in a continuous integration environment.
- Contribute to the mobile iOS and Android apps for the Wellness Together Canada platform.
- Collaborate daily within a cross-functional scrum team and help facilitate the development process through sprint ceremonies such as sprint planning and daily standups.
- Become an active participant in a collaborative development environment through code reviews, pair/mob programming sessions, and technical planning and design processes.
- Databases: Understanding of relational databases such as PostgreSQL and/or MySQL.
- Code quality: Ability to write clean, well-designed and maintainable code in a large codebase. Understanding of continuous integration practices and different types of testing required to ensure high code quality. Strong grasp of object-oriented programming and other software design patterns.
- Growth mindset: Always hungry to keep improving yourself, our products, teams and processes in a scaling organization.
- Experience working with Jamstack architecture, using Content Management Systems like Contentful and static site generators like Gatsby.
- Experience with mobile technologies such as React Native, Flutter and/or native iOS and Android development.
- Experience working on high-availability distributed platforms, including working with infrastructure, web services, job queues, horizontally scalable systems, redundancy, system health monitoring, performance monitoring and optimization.
Born out of St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto, Greenspace was founded to fill a gap between the proven benefits of measurement-based care in research and its actual implementation in practice. Since then, we’ve worked to break down barriers to implementation and empower organizations to use data to inform treatment decisions and drastically improve the quality of mental health care across North America. Our solutions include:
Measurement Based Care Platform: Enables mental health providers and organizations to implement consistent evidence-based measurement into their practice and use it to inform the treatment process.
Intake Module: A flexible intake solution that facilitates a more effective referral into mental health and addictions services and allows for prioritization of care for those who need it most.
Population Health Module: A patient-facing solution that provides mental health support directly to individuals through a wellness portal, giving users the ability to track and engage with their own progress and take more ownership over their care decisions. We recently helped develop and launch Wellness Together Canada – a major initiative funded by Health Canada to provide virtual mental health and substance use support for all Canadians through COVID-19.
We are a startup, which means that you will have significant responsibility and an opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development and growth of our solutions. We are passionate about improving the quality of mental health care and improving the lives of millions of people. We believe in a collaborative work environment where everyone’s view carries equal weight. Good ideas are good ideas and it doesn’t matter whether they come from the CEO or the newest employee. Learn more about our culture on our website.
We believe that diversity makes our organization stronger and we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Greenspace recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes employees regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
- Healthy work/life balance – we recognize that building a startup is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Tight-knit collaborative work environment where we work in teams rather than siloed individuals.
- Flexible hybrid-remote environment with physical hubs in Vancouver, Kelowna and Toronto.
- Ongoing mentorship, coaching and personal development opportunities from experienced team members or external resources.
- Generous vacation and comprehensive benefits package, including paid parental leave.
How to Apply
Please apply via AngelList