Intermediate Software Developer
Promatic Software Ltd- Kelowna, BC
$80,000 a year – Full-time
Promatic Software is an Insurance / Restoration based software provider located in Kelowna, BC with most of the clients located throughout the USA. Promatic Software provides File / Job Management Software, Asset / Workforce tracking and Water / Repair reporting. These products are both website and application based on both Android and iPhone.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Software Developer who is self-motivated but can still take instruction and work comfortably with the CTO. Apart from writing high quality code, you will be responsible for key deliverables during you’re the project software development lifecycle including software design, code reviews, and comprehensive automated tests. The successful candidate will be patient, have a passion for continuous improvement and must have excellent problem-solving skills.
You will work either alongside the CTO / Senior Developer to develop, maintain or enhance new and existing software provided by Promatic Software Ltd. Various engineering tasks and objectives must be completed in either a group or individual environment. This includes:
- 4 + years of experience in designing and building software, preferably commercial enterprise applications or systems
- Experience with low-level networking is desired, but not required
- A good understanding of object-oriented analysis, design and implementation
- A good understanding of database concepts (e.g. working with relational data sources such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) and SQL queries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a computing-related discipline
- A passion for high quality software engineering and technology
- Reliable, driven, and eager to learn
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- Available to work in Kelowna as office work will be required
- Patient and the ability to take instruction
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Willing to evenings and weekends as publish usually happen Friday evenings at 9:00 PM
Promatic Software Ltd. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action Employer (m/f/d/v) supporting workforce diversity.
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 – $90,000.00 depending on experience.
Vacation: Starting with two weeks paid vacation + five (5) paid sick days per year.
Applicants will be required to complete a test through coderbyte.com to ensure their abilities are what is expected of them.
How to Apply
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org