About the Opportunity
We are looking to add an IT Technician to our lively Kelowna branch. Can you stay calm in the face of changing priorities and enjoy putting your service mindset to work? If organization is your mainstay, you are energized to work with many different people and have decent IT know-how; let’s connect!
Working alongside our team of IT professionals, you will carry out a variety of duties in computer software and hardware support services and some computer programming/scripting. You are the first point of contact for branch staff and need to be comfortable and proficient in dealing with a wide variety of issues and people. Coupled with the unmatched learning and project experience opportunities, do you see yourself excited to contribute to:
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting PCs, Windows servers, printers, network devices, and peripheral equipment.
- Providing technical support to staff both in the office and virtual.
- Installing and supporting common office and engineering software applications.
- Support corporate network infrastructure as required.
- Providing excellent service and technical support to staff.
Our ideal candidate is a recent graduate of a Computer Technology diploma program with up to 5 years of related experience. Experience in administering a Microsoft environment would be an asset.
Does this list reflect your skills, strengths, and abilities?
- Working with people gets you energized – you enjoy building relationships and rapport with different types of people.
- You like being in service – supporting the needs of others efficiently and effectively comes naturally to you, you are keen to build an understanding of what people need and how you can help them.
- You like change – you are able to adapt and respond positively to changing conditions, priorities and technologies.
- Collaborative – you genuinely enjoy working cooperatively and effectively to reach a common goal.
- You take initiative – you can identify areas that need attention and provide workable solutions to improve current systems.
- Quality mindset – you take personal pride and accountability in delivering high-quality solutions for colleagues and team members.
- Growth mindset – you see your progress as incremental and you want to learn and grow over time.
- You possess a valid class 5 driver’s license.
Our Commitment to You
Are you looking for a meaningful challenge and to create impact in your community? Join a tight-knit team of professionals at Urban Systems and be part of our mission to build vibrant communities across Canada. Here’s what you can expect as part of our team:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits. You’ll receive competitive compensation, extended health, dental, vision care coverage, and more. This position will have a salary range of $60,000.00 – $67,000.00 per year based on a 40-hour work week. The range is negotiable based on your skillset and experience.
- Flexible Hours & Work Environment. You have a life outside of work! As IT, our first priority is the internal clients we support – as long as we ensure coverage, we can work together to accommodate some flexibility in your work schedule and work environment to help you do your best work and meet your commitments
- Paid Time Off. We understand the importance of taking time off to recharge and spend time with loved ones! Enjoy 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, in addition to statutory days off throughout the year.
- Saving for the Future. To help you achieve your long-term financial goals, we offer a Long-Term Matching Program to match your contributions to an RRSP or TFSA.
- Learn and Grow. Your professional growth & development is supported here. You are encouraged to take initiative and shape your career through coaching, in-house learning, technical courses, and more.
- Work with Inter-Disciplinary Teams. Amazing things happen when you mix creativity, curiosity, teamwork, and a strong desire to collaborate and innovate. You will be part of diverse, inter-disciplinary teams to deliver important work for our clients and their communities.
- Beautiful Office. Do your best work in office spaces designed with your needs in mind. Each of our 15 offices has its own unique personality and design.
- Create Lasting Community Impact. 98% of Urban Systems employees believe that the work we do is important. Join a team of like-minded leaders and work together to bring impactful community projects to life!
How to Apply
If this describes your background, skills and attributes please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and cover letter. If it doesn’t describe you exactly but you feel you are well suited to this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
Urban Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive culture for all employees. Our clients come from all walks of life and so do you. We believe that diversity and unity amongst our teams lead to building vibrant communities.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, February 28, 2024, at 9:00 am PST