Join our team of professional IT people …
We are seeking a highly motivated IT person for a full-time position for our Kelowna office
In this entry-level role you will be working in a team to deliver first-class IT Support to our clients. This position is a front-line customer facing role that requires solid English communications skills, troubleshooting abilities and the resourcefulness to uncover information needed to solve a problem or complete a job.
A IT Technician at NextHop
- Responsible for end-user support, you will work with our Clients to resolve their IT issues. Password resets, add/remove users, adding a printer, Windows desktop applications, cloud applications, installing or re-installing programs and assigning user permissions to name a few.
- Answering phones with both speed and tact, you are empathetic and articulate when working with Clients. Especially in stressful situations, you ask the right questions and provide relevant and realistic solutions
- Balancing quality with speed, you provide professional verbal and written responses to Clients and update ticket statuses to ensure all team members are up to date.
- Escalating tickets when the answer is unclear, you willingly ask for help from your Team Leads or teammates when needed.
- Monitoring systems, alerts, backups and logs.
- Using security best practices to protect Client information.
- attend customer sites as required
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
To succeed in the role, you bring:
- IT experience in a helpdesk or desktop support position considered an asset
- Formal training in IT Systems.
- Basic understanding of IP networking
- Experience with Microsoft 365 user administration
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory user administration
- Windows desktop advanced user
- Resourceful; ability to solve problems, work independently.
- Self-started, can manage tasks and a schedule, stay busy
- Professional, as representative of NextHop, always on-time
- Can work in a team and contribute
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong multitasking skills
- Attentive to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple projects and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to work sometimes after hours, weekends to do system upgrades during non-working hours
- Must have a reliable vehicle
- Must be able to travel and work at client offices in the Kelowna and surrounding areas
- Can pass a police check.
Pay and Benefits
- Candidate will be compensated for use of their vehicle.
- Candidate will be compensated for use of their smart phone
- Competitive salary plus bonus incentive earnings.
- Competitive benefits package (medical and dental)
- Paid annual vacation.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates please email your resume to email@example.com