Okanagan College transforms lives and communities. We are one of Canada’s leading colleges. We create outstanding educational experiences for our learners, both students and employees. We work and learn in a welcoming and caring culture. We are a catalyst for change through collaboration with our learners and partners. We serve, lead and anticipate the social, economic and environmental needs of communities.
Software & Support Services
Education and Experience:
Information Systems program or equivalent. Over 2 years and up to and including 4 years related experience.
Functions and Duties:
2. Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction; respects all customers; follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction; measures customer satisfaction effectively; commits to exceeding customer expectations.
3. Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions.
4. Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software as required.
5. Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
6. Collaborate with Desktop Resource Coordinator(s) and/or Network Coordinator(s) to ensure efficient operation of the organization’s desktop computing environment.
7. Troubleshoot AV issues using the appropriate testing tools; make repairs as necessary.
8. Tag or label IT Services managed equipment owned by the organization; periodically audit inventories to mitigate risk of damage or theft.
9. Performs other related duties as required.
Skills and Abilities:
employees, and remain calm in stressful circumstances
– Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with internal and external contacts
– Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
– Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate clearly to
clients via phone, email, and in person
– Excellent organizational, administrative and problem-solving skills
– Must be flexible and able to manage high work volume and conflicting priorities to meet deadlines and
have the ability to organize and prioritize tasks
– Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with an aptitude for working in a
collegial and collaborative environment
– Knowledge of current operating systems, software, network protocols, and standards.
Support – Regular Full-time
Appointment Start Date:
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate:
$48,804 – $55,787
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Posting Opening Date:
Posting Closing Date:
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to our employment site: https://www.employmentopportunities.okanagan.bc.ca and complete an on-line application.
All applications must be submitted through our employment site to be considered.
Okanagan College is committed to increasing the equitable and inclusive participation of marginalized people in all aspects of college life. We welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black People, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, people with disabilities and people with diverse gender identities or expressions. People with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, AccessibilityHR@okanagan.bc.ca