Our team at Platinum have another unique opportunity within the IT sector!
Our client is at the forefront of construction software and solutions. With over 50 years of experience within the hardware, software, and IT construction sectors our client has been developing cutting-edge technologies for the road construction industry and redefining the standard for plant automation systems.
With an industry leading model, they’re team is expanding rapidly and are looking to expand further with the addition of another Level 1/2 IT Support Technician at their Kelowna office!
The level 1/2 IT Support Technician will manage the company’s computer infrastructure and work under the IT Lead. They will provide tier 1 and 2 support to end users via phone, email and in person in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot a variety of devices including desktops, laptops, VoIP phones, smart phones, mobile devices, and other peripherals
- Provide support and project management for Microsoft 365 migration, including Exchange Online, Sharepoint, Teams, Forms and Flow
- Create and modify user and email accounts in Active Directory and Exchange, on-premises and in Office 365
- Assist with onboarding new employees and laptop development
- Provide Tier 1 and 2 support for all onsite network and server/storage infrastructure related issues
- Resolve, prioritize, and escalate issues as necessary
- Help administer and maintain helpdesk software, workflows, SLA’s, asset management, etc.
- Manage computer images and imaging software
- Be present in the Help Desk and available to end users requiring technical assistance
- MUST create and maintain clear technical documentation
- Lead and coordinate Help Desk and Networking related Projects
- Create, maintain, and update assets inventory
- Perform after hours work on emergency and scheduled basis; participate in rotation on-call
Education and Skills Requirements
- Post-Secondary Education in a related field (i.e. networking, computer science, security, etc.), or High School Diploma with equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Corporate IT or Help Desk is required
- Experience with Microsoft 365 configuration and administration, including Microsoft licensing support.
- Solid experience with installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting a wide range of desktop hardware and software (Active Directory, Windows 10, Microsoft Exchange, Office 2013-2019, Access, Visio, Adobe Suite, and various in-house applications)
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting legacy and newer workstations and laptops hardware (Motherboards, Hard Drives, Ram, Video Cards, etc.)
- Experience with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Networking equipment (Cabling, Switches, Routers, Wi-Fi and Wireless Networking equipment)
- Experience with administering and repairing printer equipment; MFP, stand-alone printers, wide format printers · Experience with creating and supporting reporting using Excel.
- Experience with administering and maintaining helpdesk software
- Must possess exceptional customer service orientation
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it
- Ability to lift/move equipment up to 50 lbs. on occasion
What makes our client great:
- Great culture and awesome people.
- Casual and fun office environment.
- Competitive compensation.
- Benefits & RRSP Matching.
How to Apply
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “IT Support Technician”